Z2 advice before buying

It comes with the newest version of the mixer and software, plus prices are relatively low, so you're all good. My only advice is to always update your computer (e.g. Windows Updates, Flash, and Traktor) 'cause it makes a colossal difference with latency and apparently cut-in time.

Peace.

I would also advise checking out their position online right now in terms of customer support (The whole Maschine situation has gotten so far out of hand they have had to apologise to their own community)

In this case you are probably safe, but it is worth noting their behaviour sometimes (For the record, I own a lot of NI stuff, generally happy, but their support is utter shite)

Not that I recommend this but I wanted to buy an ecler hak 380. Bought it only to then get a email advising no stock. I deliberated and chose the z2. A bit cheeky but I asked if I could just get the z2 for the price of the ecler which was a bargain in itself at £400, rather than mess around cancelling and repurchasing. Luckily for me they said yes :-)

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Hey, before that i was in Jizzberg, PA!

On the last train to spunksville is my favour Monkees song.

I would also advise checking out their position online right now in terms of customer support (The whole Maschine situation has gotten so far out of hand they have had to apologise to their own community)

In this case you are probably safe, but it is worth noting their behaviour sometimes (For the record, I own a lot of NI stuff, generally happy, but their support is utter shite)

Bit offtopic but what is the problem with maschine? You woke up my curiosity!

• Like 1

Bit offtopic but what is the problem with maschine? You woke up my curiosity!

Me too! I've had no problems... But I guess that's what happens when you don't update your 4 year old software ;)

• Like 1

FYI NI have agreed to send a replacement crossfader out. They did initially suggest I send the mixer to them but I politely pointed out to them that I was aware I the crossfader issues and all sorted. Not a bad service at all let's hope the new fader is up to it. To be fair the old fader has been fine since though it only seems to play up after heavy use.