Half M Flare Chirp

chile

An 8 beat pattern with very few clicks and a lovely wavy sound at faster speeds.

The oddity series aims to bring to light some lesser known skrotch tochnoques.

If you like these tutorials please consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/djchile . It will help me buy cheese and toast to keep me alive while I make more tutorials. Patreon is like a digital tip jar that allows you to send a small tip per tutorial release. There are rewards available too, check the page out for more info.

• Like 5

Guest Symatic

is this the one you were talking about on tinychat? i remember there was one i asked you about i thought you were doing clever wave stuff but you said it was just a little baby scratch at the end ...

dope vids tho man!

Guest Symatic

i've got a question about ttm....

if you do a technique like repeated stabs, how do you draw it? does ttm depict the record moving even though the fader is closed?

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

i've got a question about ttm....

if you do a technique like repeated stabs, how do you draw it? does ttm depict the record moving even though the fader is closed?

Im not a TTM expert but I started to get into it a bit Symatic

Repeated stabs - I would notated a bit like this but obviously they wouldn't be as nicely straight and drawn like I've done on the reply

/ / / / / / then as you do the last stab it would be a nice long /

Advanced scratches I believe you depict the record moving when the fader us closed when notating, but I'm not up to that part just yet.

Here a link to the TTM pdf if you haven't seen it yet mate

http://ttm-dj.com/TTMv1_Eng.pdf

Edited by Psychedelic Schizophrenic
  • Like 1

Thanks glad you guys like it, took 3 days to make that video! The scratching was easy, editting not so.

Sy, that combo on tinychat was similar to this one but with more clicks in it. The record motion is the same as that one though. Notating stabs, you tend to only notate the open movements as its sort of assumed that you will take the shortest movement route to reset back into position for the next stab each time. I have in the past notated close fader movements mainly just to describe that underneath there tends to always be a baby sort of motion going on, especially with things like stabs.

Dubba I really liked your cuts at CSG, your cuts in the battle were sick! I could do with refining what I know a fair bit, I tend to spread myself out a bit too much.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Thats interesting, i wonder how you would depict it where you do constant 3 time babys but with normal 4 time clicks over it, ill have to record something to show what im on about!

Guest Symatic

Yeah maybe thats them, would make sense. Ive never been good at remebering names really! I think its a see saw but the record movement is going in triplet time so it rolls over a 4/4 beat differently