verdict on the plx 1000

I do not own one, but had a few hours with one. Comparing it to the Technics, I think it is the nicest replacement/clone that you can buy new with a warranty. Technically I didn't find it better than the 1200's. It felt very close and personally I think it is a fantastic looking turntable. I only used the PLX for about 2 hours but during that time I found a problem. When at -50%, it had some intermittent motor pulsing and for skratching, this is unacceptable and to me, a red flag to the quality and design thought put into that turntable. At this point and from my experience, if you are looking for the quality and feel of a Technics 1200, get a used Technics 1200. They are tanks and plenty of parts are available if you need to repair it. The Pioneers have not yet been proven to be a suitable replacement and it doesn't like they are going to be.

If you really need the ultra pitch AND the feel of a 1200, grab a used mk2/mk5/m3d and invest in the new ultra pitch mods that are out (kabusa.com and soon Backtrack).

• Like 1