native instruments z2/ traktor noob questions

i'm probably going to buy a native instruments z2 tormorrow and i never used any dvs before so i have a few questions:

1) there are two user accounts on the laptop i'm going to use with traktor - mine and my wife's - and we both want to use traktor. what user account should i install the traktor software on (or should i make another user account for using traktor only)?

2) what are some good free digital skratch tools? i already collected some upr samples and classic breaks etc to try out the z2 and i definitely want to get a digital version of nicknack's soundcraftsman and a digital version of the record 4onefunk made for the controller 1 but i need a few skratch tools for the start.

3) what's a good free audio editor (i doubt good old cool edit 2.0 will run on windows 10, rip peter quistgard)?

i will probably have plenty more questions once i'm getting started but any help on these is highly appreciated!

xox and sincerely yours

handsome helmut

:-)

edit: steve what's that ''0 warning points" under my name about?

I have a Z2 and love it. Here are you answers:

1) Like you mentioned, I believe you can just create a collective Traktor account and share that between you and your wifey.

2) Cadence with Rhythm and Flow, Scratch Science ~ Enter the Scratch Game, and DJ Happee has some pretty nice ones. I could definitely use some more skratch tools as I only have a few. In any case, get .wav (or the like) files, not mp3's for cutting.

3) Audacity is a great, free, and simple audio editor. When I had an MPC, I used Audacity to chop my beats/tracks with ease. Works like a champ.

edit: steve what's that ''0 warning points" under my name about?

You've been a member here for 11 years and you've only just noticed that?? :p

It means you've received 0 warning points from the mods/admins for breaking the rules. Everyone can see their own points and mods/admins can see everyone's.