Modern Lovers/new routine videohodown!

Another solid uptempo Rock Well beat I had the pleasure of giving the digi scratch routine treatment. Pretty much decided I needed to go scratchy gun fight the second Matt showed me this beat :)

For this one I'm mostly manipulating samples and loops over a backing track, the intro section of the routine I use two tracks within a Remix Deck at the same time, this allows for some basic triggering and cutting of samples together on one DVS deck. So so much more to be explored with multitrack/polyphonic scratching.....
Once again big ups to Rock Well for the dope beats for me to piss around with!
  • Like 5

Pete - yup :) after spending a couple misspent days searching on YouTube for gun shot samples I now have a couple pages in a remix set full = got a carried away with gratifying button bashing gun fights on a few occasions

Ethanol - cheers dude, there's a few more techniques going on throughout where as the previous two were mostly layering samples - undo/redo - have a cut over the top type of thing. Good strong and upbeat track from Matt dictated a more battle vibe this time, I feel I raised my transition game a bit on this one to.

Hehe - it sounds like the basis for an awesome 2 man set/routine/video!

Hell yeah, dope idea

Phil - its definitely been the bonus returning to something that was done a while back to flesh out with new ideas, always keen to move on to new stuff but I'm sure I'll evolve some of these routines further as and when I learn more stuff.

As much as I appreciate the credit, I don't deserve much... It's all Paul on this one.

I just found a sample and made a little loop of a beat from it. It would have just been a random idea left to languish on my hard drive if he hadn't heard it, had a brainwave for a theme and worked out how to build a whole routine around it.

I'm a big fan of this one - although it a bit more laid back in style, it's got as much going on in it as a lot of battle routines... plus, it's just fun. We need more of that in turntablism. It was a crowd pleaser live too.

• Like 1