Are there any Vestax PMC08 owners here?

Jacken

Hello everyone,

I've got myself a used PMC08 Pro and the crossfader and line faders are very sticky and barely moving. I've read that it supposed to be a buttery smooth and I wonder if I can fix this. I opened up the mixer and saw that previous owner didn't try to clean up the fader, but I don't want to open up the crossfader housing because I might return it and the previous owner might now like it.

I had fader issues with my PMC 08 from brand new. The crossfader is not identical to the older PMC models but I think you can assume that cleaning it and lubing it again using what Rasteri suggests will do the trick.

And if not, I'm happy to make you an offer for it (as long as it's the black version) - always regretted getting rid of mine.

I had fader issues with my PMC 08 from brand new. The crossfader is not identical to the older PMC models but I think you can assume that cleaning it and lubing it again using what Rasteri suggests will do the trick.

And if not, I'm happy to make you an offer for it (as long as it's the black version) - always regretted getting rid of mine.

What issues did you have?

I own 2 of them (black ones) and I'm perfectly happy with how the faders feel, but...The 08 might had faders looking like the typical PCV circuits, but for some strange reason they need to be cleaned every month, otherwise they get super sticky.

All you need to do is keep those faders clean & lubed, quite often.

• Like 1

My 08 channel faders have been great since I got mine (2010). I maybe cleaned them once early on but can't really remember for sure. They're smooth, but sturdier feeling than my 07 up-faders. I switched my cross-fader for an Innofader. Has anybody tried a Pro-X in theirs? I've never been totally happy with my Innofader.I like the feel but prefer the cut-in on my Rane fader. (apologies for the hijack).

I would try spray some Deoxit in their first before cracking them open.

I once did a video on cleaning/lubing faders on youtube. Hopefully they are the same/similar fader type

Yes, they look the same.

How often did you clean your fader? Because baby oil probably attracts dirt

I would say that the oil supplied with innofaders is a more sensible choice of course, but in reality I never had a problem with my faders using a dab of baby oil. I guess it's all in the amount used and how clean they are to begin with.

If I ever use someone elses fader that I've cleaned, I'm always jelly of how nice it feels...even months later

Mike - They don't feel quite as sweet in the hand as the Inno (not much does), but there's something about the crisp biting cut you get from a Pro X when combined with Vestax circuitry.

The mixer in question was Paul's not mine, but I had plenty of goes on it and heard his cuts on said mixer every week. I'm 99.9% sure he'd agree with what I'm saying, it's certainly what we discussed in the past.