help with vestax pdx 2300 mkii pro

I have an old vestax pdx 2300 mkii pro

I'm hoping someone can tell me what exactly is wrong with it

when it starts spinning sometimes it can last for a couple of minutes sometimes a couple of seconds of working fine
then it just suddenly stops and just starts just kinda rocking backwards and forwards

does this sound like the motor is shot or is it maybe some loose wiring or bad connections

I really know nothing about electronics and am pretty doubtful that I could fix it myself unless there was a step by step guide haha

so basically can anyone tell me what could be wrong with it and if this would likely be something expensive to get fixed

• 8 months later...

so Im looking to start attempting to fix this myself

I've been looking everywhere for an ultrapitch board and cant find one anywhere for the pdx 2300 MKii pro

I need the one with the toggle switch I can only find the version with no toggle switch

if anyone's got any ideas where the fuck I can find one please let me know I really want to get this turntable working again

Edited by Djmadhatter

there were a bunch of upgrade kits floating round on ebay recently that meant you could swap the PDX 2000's pich fader section for a 2300's. can't see em there anymore.....