DV Funky Soundtrack Sample Challenge - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Phology
    • Dooban/Forayem No.1
    • Pete Sasqwax
    • Mike-L
    • Dooban/Forayem No.2

Phology

Doob 1

Pete Sasqwax

Mike-L

Doob 2

Great work all round! Voting closes in a week.

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

Really enjoyed all of them, but went for Doob1 in the end because that Krush X Prunes vibe is giving me awesome nostalgia feels

Guest Symatic

i went for mike, his cuts at the end tipped it for me :) pete was soooo close tho i loved the scratch beat sounds. phology funky as ever, could maybe have had more variation i guess.... doob bringin vibes again. i think i preferred number 2 out of them both.... i tihnk it would sound dope with all that mad sidechain compression sound, where everything is struggling to come through each other like a broken tape/broadcast. this one has plenty of space for that to work i tihnk..... but thats just me :)

Damn this is tricky. I just listened to Doob's second beat & Pete's several times over but can't decide between 'em. I love the intro synth & the arpeggios in Doob's & I love the raw hypnotic vibe of Pete's - very Shadowesque from the "What does my soul look like?" era. hmmmm

I went for Mike. It was a definite banger and I do like a beat I can take my shirt off and beat my chest in front of the mirror to. That and I was sort of sold as soon as I heard the ingenious use of the record's 'special locked groove'.

By the time Pete's becomes a full Phonobrow track however, all bets are off...

Other than thay, damn they were all so good!

• Like 1

All good beats yall!

Phology channeling some Pete Rock really did it for me but Pete's was really really dope too... Then Mike. Damnit Mike--smashed it out the park. At first I was still leaning towards Pete and Pho but your beat just kept getting deeper and dope. Totally on some RJD2 type ish. Fucking fresh. Then the cuts came on--fuck me. Winner winner chicken dinner. Well done.

Doob, I like your first but the second one was so unique.... trying to think of what it reminds me of. Com Truise maybe. Dopeness.

• Like 1