DV Library Record Sample Challenge - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Phology
    • Dooban/Forayem
    • Rock Well
    • Pete Sasqwax
    • Symatic

Phology

Dooban/Forayem

Rock Well

Pete Sasqwax

Symatic

Voting closes by the end of next Tuesday

(P.S. Pete - You're gonna have to teach me how to make Soundcloud and Bandcamp players embed on the same post!)

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Hehe - it's pretty straightforward actually, mate. The way I do it is:

• Open the thread in another tab (so you have 2 copies of it open) and edit it (full editor)
  • Enable HTML editing in the editor
  • Go back to the first window (non-editor view) and open each link (Bandcamp or Soundcloud) in another tab
  • Copy and paste the "embed" code for each sound file in the editor thread and then save.

Did that make sense?

Sometimes it goes horribly wrong though so don't close the non-editor tab until you've seen the updated post go back up without a hitch!

Guest Symatic

Man theyre all really dope.

Phology has a real nice vibe and its got a infectious sound to it

Doobs has nice drums and is just a wee bit wonky, with lots of nice subtle changes

Rockwell has sweet production, i can imagine this sounding sick in the rye studio. Liking the ragga vibe

Pete another dark cruchy banger. Good for a cut.

I vote for doob tho, had my head noddin the most and is my favourite to cut to.

I had so many ideas for this one, good record choice rocky!

This was a tough one! Another dope battle guys, great beats all round I honestly like them all.

I went with Pete again, it was a close one between Doob's beat, but I tend to gravitate towards tracks like Pete's out of personal taste.

Looking forward to the next battle!

Guest petesasqwax

Damn, this was a tough one! I genuinely really liked them all and listened through a good few times, but ultimately I went for Sy's simply because it made me want to cut

Not sure mate, it does seem like it's mostly the people involved in submitting beats that are voting, plus a couple of others. I hope people aren't thinking that they have to be making beats just to vote when all voters are welcome.

I still haven't voted myself, but I will tonight - I tried they other day but couldn't decide!

It would cool if more people got involved, either making beats or voting. But even if this just stays small scale between a few of us like a slightly cooler 'book club' then that's all good too... There's no substitute for hours spent getting busy!

• Like 1

Such a tough one! I failed to pick one on friday and I'm still not sure now really. In end I'm going for Si's one, but my vote comes with conditions ;) - Si, you've got to finish that beat and somehow involve some scratching, be that as a produced scratch track or at least a freestyle scratch video. That I would like to hear!

• Like 1

It would cool if more people got involved, either making beats or voting. But even if this just stays small scale between a few of us like a slightly cooler 'book club' then that's all good too... There's no substitute for hours spent getting busy!

This is a very good initiative. I am currently off the radar due to real life shit but man is it a good idea to do these things. I reckon participation (including mine) will increase during the holiday season.

• Like 1