laptop advice needed

airnino

i might have to buy a new laptop soon and i need advice on what i should get, a cheap one with an additional usb audio interface or a mediocre one with basic in-/output and onboard sound.

it will be used mainly by my wife for writing university papers but i would also like to use it for playing beats from loopers/ cutting and maybe some basic recording, no fancy production software though. edit: some time in the future i might buy serato or traktor so the laptop should be able to deal with dvs ad well.

the cheap one i was looking at is an Acer Aspire ES1-521-66D3 with AMD A6-6310 Quad-Core, 8GB ram and 1000GB hdd and costs 430 euro (300 pound). it has only a headphone output and no line in, so i guess i would need a usb audio interface.

the other one i was looking at is a fujitsu LIFEBOOK A555 with Intel Duo Core i5-5200U-Prozessor (2 x 2.2 GHz), 8 gig ram and 256 gb ssd and costs 650 euro / 450 pound. this one has an audio input and an audio output so i figure i would be able to use it without additional gear.

any kind of help is appreciated.

Guest petesasqwax

I honestly don't know a great deal about how well laptops run Serato/Traktor, but personally I'd say the step up in power is worth paying the extra £150 for if you can spare it.

Guest rasteri

The cheaper one will just about run serato/traktor, but you might have to turn up the buffer size. Also it might struggle if you turn on effects and such.