Any ravers in here?

djstig

Hey people,

Just curious if there are Any ravers Old or new in here??

I have been involved with decks and deejaying since I was around six years Old. My dad has always been a record collector and DJ since long before I was born ( Im 36 ), I used to have to go with him to gigs because my mum worked evenings. When I got to around 12 or 13 I was seriously into it and with dance music taking off in the early nineties I was able to have a couple of hours on the decks at gigs with him.

Then u decided to get my own decks and start collecting vinyl myself. Hardcore was massive at the time and we had a shop in town that sold vinyl and all the other merchandise. Twenty something years later and Im still doing it as a hobby but not actively seeking gigs anymore. The hardcore scene has changed dramatically from what got me into it. I still collect vinyl because u don't stop once you start lol.

But, Im choosing to try and concentrate on scratching, rather than it being something I used to dabble in.

Anyone else ever been into hardcore or raving??

I'm definitely an old raver and have played warehouse parties, but haven't been to one in a minute. Need to though. I love electronic music and the scene...good vibes for sure.

Good on you to focus on skratching. Fortunately there's no end to the possibilities and endless cut variations, plus there's a grip of dope skratch heads on this forum.

Good to meet you mate, I have recently been playing at a bunch of underground events in Leeds / Wakefield. Really heavy Techno and Dutch stuff. It was great to find an event where I could blast that stuff out. Plus with it not being licenced meant you could smoke or do Whatever else u liked indoors. ;)

I've always been into scratching but it took second place to getting gigs in hardcore. I might not be growing up,just growing older lol.

If you are on Facebook, search WYTM. It's the west yorkshire terror militia.

Really really sounds guys who run it.

Oh, if you're into gabber I've got a load of vinyl I would sell. In fact Im selling most of my collection, but only a couple of hundred are gabber. The other stuff is happy hardcore of various degrees.

Guest rasteri

Once I started getting weeklong comedowns I stopped with the raving. If I'm going clubbing it's usually to dnb.

I know plenty of people who still do though, I guess some people can enjoy that sort of music without drugs but I'm not one of them.

Im out next week at uprising but it's the last event Im going to. Only off to celebrate my mates birthday. Brisk is in the Uk for a couple of gigs since will be good to see him.

I've not been to an event I wasn't playing at for a long time. Im normally out the door after my set, have a smoke,thank the promoter and hit the road.

Time to chill with the family, scratch and get fat. :)

I never got down to Dreamscape or Helter Skelter, Im up north and we had dizstruxshon and uprising round here so I was plenty spannered already lol.

Yup. Still like D&B a lot. Used to hit up the raves back in the day--I saw Craze, Rahzel and Pharcyde at raves even! Tribal house was my jam but have always like electronic music of all kinds. DJed a litt house in addition to hiphop when I was first starting then all my house recs got jacked so I just kept playing what I had which was hiphop.

All of my mates were well into the rave scene when it was in its prime. I was always a hip-hop/soul/funk head, so I never went to any raves as a paying customer, although I have DJed at a couple. Most of my mates would go to Shelley's/Entropy as it was only a 20 minute drive away, but they'd also go to the massive raves as well.

I used to DJ with 2 friends and we had a residency at a local club in town. I'd usually play hip-hop at the beginning of the night, then it would switch to rave stuff, D&B, and bits and pieces of other genres. We had some guest DJs in that were pretty well known in the rave scene, such as Daz Willott, DJ Pilgrim and Mark Archer. I'm from Stafford, the same home town shared by the lads from Altern8 and Bizarre Inc.

Here's a mix done by one of the guys I used to DJ with, which you might like: -

https://soundcloud.com/user36930259/vicks-kicks-glowsticks-mix

If you are on Facebook, search WYTM. It's the west yorkshire terror militia.

Really really sounds guys who run it.

Oh, if you're into gabber I've got a load of vinyl I would sell. In fact Im selling most of my collection, but only a couple of hundred are gabber. The other stuff is happy hardcore of various degrees.

Im out next week at uprising but it's the last event Im going to.

No I'm not on facebook, got rid of all my vinyl long ago too. There's nothing wrong with a bit oh happy hardcore every now and then :d

Is uprising still going? bloody hell! One of the first tapes I ever had was from uprising

Yes uprising is still going. It's different now though. All newer stuff. :/

I've not been in a long time but Im sure it will be good.

Cheers Steve, I'll check that mix out mate.

I've not got Any house,and only a couple of hip hop tunes. I did have serato but I sold it.