A Scratching Tape Mod!

HOLY SHIT. That's amazing. I tried to build something similar (just the mobile tape head part, not the rocker) and it was an utter bust so I'm even more impressed having failed at a similar frankenstein creation. I never imagined scratching with it tho... was gonna use it for ambient live PA stuff. This is crazy cool. Side note, the guy looks like a total nutter.

• Like 2

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showuser=1071

HOLY SHIT. That's amazing. I tried to build something similar (just the mobile tape head part, not the rocker) and it was an utter bust so I'm even more impressed having failed at a similar frankenstein creation. I never imagined scratching with it tho... was gonna use it for ambient live PA stuff. This is crazy cool. Side note, the guy looks like a total nutter.

Lol!!! Yeah he does look like a righ character!! He obversly cannot scratch that well but in the right hands it could be quit nice!!!

I would have to agree with Rasteri a few mods would have to be made.

Quite a nice and cheap way of Scracthing though !!

Edited by djtags

It's not like I think it's a bad idea or anything, but now that I have turntables I see these inventions with very different eyes...

Great ideas in any case!

Edited by Kasbe

I personally would never want to replace traditional scratching (turns and a mixer). But the idea of people who do not have sufficient funds to buy turns, mixer, laptop and Traktor/Serato (£2,000) they would be able to prerecord samples and scratch them for a few quid!!! Which I think is amazing!!! Although it would have limitations obviously.

Edited by djtags