Most expensive album in the world is again up for sale.

djdiggla

Lets pool our money you guys. Maybe we can afford the plastic sleeve.

It's the Double Fantasy album that John Lennon signed for his murderer five hours before his death. Last time it was on the market was 2010 and it fetched $850,000.00

http://www.kvart-bolge.com/#!The-Most-Valuable-Album-Ever-And-the-Amazing-Story-Behind-it/c1rr6/55747e080cf219f1772c8e84

• Like 1

Although his resulting reaction was a tad harsh, Mark David Chapman kinda had a point. Double Fantasy was a truly awful album.

Of course I was too late to act by the time I heard it, but it made me want to shoot John too.

Everyone gives Wings stick (rightly so), but the notion that Lennon was the one who went on to make great records after the Beatles is nonsense. One lucky pop hit with his charity telethon montage anthem, Imagine and that was it.

Conspiracy theorists would have us believe that Chapman was working for Lennon so he didn't have to live to witness his old writing buddy deliver the Frog Chorus, but after years of believing this I don't know... Maybe a decade is piss poor solo albums, John's miserable attitude and his wife's hideous massive bush was just all too much for Chapman?

Shit, when you think about it like that, maybe it was too much for John too. What did he really have to look forward to in the 80s? A futile clumsy attempt at a synth pop album, daytime TV appearances and Yoko's bush growing another 3 inches farther down her legs? :(

• Like 2

Guest rasteri

Although his resulting reaction was a tad harsh, Mark David Chapman kinda had a point. Double Fantasy was a truly awful album.

Of course I was too late to act by the time I heard it, but it made me want to shoot John too.

I just thought you should know that this post is the reason I currently have my laptop dismantled to remove dried-on cornflake residue from the keyboard membrane.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...