Scratching over DnB!

adz_rolls

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Yeah dude, come to Brighton! One of the best ways you can improve you cuts is to come to SSS, fact! Plus Saturday will be jizznormous (enormously jizz worthy)

Guest petesasqwax

I lived in St Mary's long before it was football stadium land & then in Polygon for a few years. I first scratched (on a friend's decks) in Portswood & used to get all my charity shop spoken word from boogie down Shirley :)

• Like 1

The only advice I can give for fast or double time chirp flares is to try the way I do it, and that is to not think of the flare part as one click forward, one click back, but instead learn the two click pinch style and think of it as two clicks over a quick baby. It's the same scratch and the clicks still fall in the same place, but it's all about the different approach. The different technique with the fader hand will give you more speed IMO. You'll get the timing right after a while.

I struggling with this technique, Im doing what you said but the timing is a biatch! I can only get the two clicks to cut the forward part of the baby and then nothing on the back! (OG flare style?). Anyone got a file showing just double time chirp flares using this technique? Cheers!

If you're getting a chirp OG flare, just make the two click motion slightly slower to get the spacing right. It'll take a while, like I said. Nothing wrong with a chirp OG flare though...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

^^Welcome to the forum man.

All you need to do to embed a YouTube video is just copy and paste the link into your post. It has to be in one of these formats: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxx
https://youtu.be/xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Like 1