Ecler Nuo 4 help (basically "attn: Rasteri and other tech genius d00ds")

Guest petesasqwax

Guest petesasqwax

A friend of mine has been offered an Ecler Nuo 4 which has a faulty power switch. The guy selling it has said he reckons it's only a £3.99 part to fix it, but he's understandably a bit wary of dropping some cash on what is ostensibly a dead mixer. Has anyone had an experience with fixing these bad boys? If so, how much would it cost to bring it back to life, do you reckon?

Guest Symatic

i dunno about price, but i bought one for a mate looking for a good drum and bass mixer....

I find the fader isnt good to cut with, its an eternal i think but it just doesnt get a sharp cut on this mixer.

also the effects are a bit annoying in that the Delay isnt post fader unless you put it through the 5th channel, and even then it doesnt have a lot of feedback so it's not very useful...

it sounds good tho

Guest rasteri

The issue isn't the price of the component it's finding an exact replacement. Unless the person selling it can give you a part number, you're talking a lot of hours searching through component catalogues.

You could however bypass the power switch entirely and make it "always on" if you can live with that. Assuming the power switch is all that's wrong with it (how well do you know the person selling it?)

I'd be offering well shy of £100 for it (£80 maybe), and even then only if I was especially set on this particular mixer.

Guest petesasqwax

thanks a load gents. I've passed on your concerns and he's going to give it a miss. sounds like he could well have dodged a bullet there. your input has been massively appreciated