DV Beat Battle..

jam

im just thinkin beats, i found before ppl wasnt too bothered about the cuts as there were usually more beat entries if i remember correctly, but im up for either tbf, maybe steve could throw in a few chocolate bars as prizes to get more interest :unsure: and maybe share it via facebook this time for more peeps involved... just a thought init...

Guest petesasqwax

I always fancied a secondhand sureshots style ting. Anyone up for that? Film a bit of it and make a short video about buying the records and making the beats etc before judging whose beats we like best and maybe putting up a DV bandcamp page fora download of the whole compilation

• Like 1

I think it will just slow the whole process up , beatmaking vids r only interesting if yr a legend in making beats IMO ... Let's just battle out simple format, beat, vote, winner... Prize sent out by Steve personally ;)

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

I think it will just slow the whole process up , beatmaking vids r only interesting if yr a legend in making beats IMO ...

everyone's entitled to their own opinion, regardless of how wrong ;)

Never made beats misen. Tried making house traks on aby in the past but everything I made ended up sounding like speeded up hip hop anyways so soon give that up. I would be willing to try though and just enter for the fun of it. Which is gunna mean remembering all the aby keyboard shortcuts again. How do u lads go about it do you sample bars of stuff from old records or do u use one shots or just programe the sounds from scratch???

Yeah I do use ableton if that's wat u mean, as a multitrack recorder, I don't use its performance side. It's fairly straight forward enuff I find but I'm no expert , I do tend to knock beats out on Maschine these days, workflow is so fast, I usually use ableton for skratch music recordings , using both together is dope too.. Oh yeah and there was no set rule of how to make yr beat either

Guest Symatic

maybe we do a rhythm roulette thing in a previous dv battle style... someoen grabs a random record form their crate / local charity shop.... and then uploads it here and we all have to sample sometihng off it

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

I like that idea. I'll check the setup of the mass appeal segments and go with their approach if everyone's down