raising volume in a video...

chile

ok I know how to do this, but doing it while keeping the original file format settings is another thing.. theres so many options in sony vegas during the rendering process that it turns something pretty simple into a big ol headfuck, at least for me..

I wanna raise the volume on these two freestyles i recorded on ustream last night -

https://youtu.be/d39Drw2Q5jU

I dunno whats up as usually i get a good level on ustream but it wasnt working last night.. if i bumped it up i got horrible distortion.. The levels on ustream are also confusing as fuck, like if the levels are hitting red it still seems to be quiet as fook and doesnt distort until its constantly on red, which makes calibrating the right volume a pain in the rectal area

Guest Symatic

Centepedes? In my vagina? :)

I dunno my way round sony vegas but you could try exporting as an mp4 after boosting the audio in your project

I use a program called Bigasoft Total Video Converter.

Here's the steps: -

1. Take the audio from the original file and normalise it/boost it, then save it as a new file.

2. Open the original video (with the low sound) in TVC. Next to it you'll see a couple of drop-down lists, one of which is for audio. Click the down-arrow next to that and choose "Edit Audio".

3. A new window will open. You'll see the existing audio track selected, bottom-left, so uncheck the box next to it, then click the little + button above it and select your fixed audio track.

4. Back on the main screen, hit the "Setting..." button to pop out the advanced settings panel. Click on the Advanced tab. Click on whatever it says to the right of "Video Codec" and select "Copy", then do the same thing for "Audio Codec", then hit the "Apply To All" button.

5. Hit the main round button to start the encoding process.

As you're literally just swapping out the audio track, it doesn't re-encode the audio/video, so it takes 1-2 seconds and you're done.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

You've got cubase haven't you, Chile?

In future you can extract the audio on that and then process it separately, if memory serves me, though it's been a while since i've done it.

edit: Yeah, a quick google, number 4 on this page http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/improve-your-workflow-when-working-with-video-in-cubase--audio-21011

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

yeah thats what i wanna do, but theres a million rendering options for mp4 and aspect settings etc.. thats the blaggy part i don't understand

Oops sorry i was being a nonce... Looks like it all got sorted tho :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rasteri

When I'm editing audio for vids I normally import it into Ableton/Cubase, stick a brickwall limiter on the master out, and turn up the volume until it's JUST tickling the threshold. Normalising often doesn't work very well if there are random loud pops or clicks in the middle of the recording.

Guest rasteri

Yeah the ableton limiter is damn good these days. Especially for live use.

My favourite limiters are waves l2 and l3. I can't afford them though :)