What Happened To... (people on scratch boards)

ninjason

I've been around scratch forums since I was a kid. stopped scratching for a while and stopped going on forums. There were a lot of dope cats posting sick files/tracks back in the day and i can't remember a lot of names but some of them pop up in my mind:

megacuts

hentsix

dj giant

peep show

dj astro

Siren

jeebus

fast forward

does anyone know if these guys are still around making music or scratching?

Mega is stilling mixing in front of people I think

The italian guy from Giant&Hentsix had a software company (he made the website for Third Sight)

Jeebus used to have a podcast (broken radio or something like that was the name)

The Ruck metamorphosed to Ruckazoid

Guest broke

I've been around scratch forums since I was a kid. stopped scratching for a while and stopped going on forums. There were a lot of dope cats posting sick files/tracks back in the day and i can't remember a lot of names but some of them pop up in my mind:

megacuts

hentsix

dj giant

peep show

dj astro

Siren

jeebus

fast forward

I don't know what happened to any of them but I still have some of the audio files posted on TTNN etc back in the day. I think the last person from that list that I was in touch with was Giant, he mailed me a copy of Circadian Rhythms back in 2003, including a bunch of random Polaroids he'd taken around the house etc.

I think I heard Astro had become a Christian or started a band (or both maybe)

megacuts

hentsix

dj giant

peep show

dj astro

Siren

jeebus

fast forward

I don't know what happened to any of them but I still have some of the audio files posted on TTNN etc back in the day. I think the last person from that list that I was in touch with was Giant, he mailed me a copy of Circadian Rhythms back in 2003, including a bunch of random Polaroids he'd taken around the house etc.

I think I heard Astro had become a Christian or started a band (or both maybe)

is there anyway you can post some of those files for old times sake?

astro was one of my favorites to listen to. i have one of his mixtapes that he made in an old double A battery powered mp3 player. i could upload it if anyones interested (it may take a while because i just moved from cali to chicago and most my stuff is still in california).

Guest broke

is there anyway you can post some of those files for old times sake?

I started putting some of it on my YouTube channel, but then I received a copyright strike from the Ruck so I took it all down. Blame Nicks.

Astro lives about 2 miles from me, here in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Yeah, he ditched DJn to focus on serving the lord, then started working with the mentally disabled and has been doing so for 8 years. He sold his turntables, bought a guitar and started killin' it, then just stopped everything. Just ran into a couple weeks ago, after not seeing him for a few years, and he regrets selling his tables.

I use to cut with him Monday-Friday nights, from midnight till about 3am. He's had the most influence on me, as well as DeeSwift. I miss them both immensely.

I have a bunch of Astro's tracks and a couple mixes on my desktop PC, but I'm having issues getting it to reboot. Hopefully I can retrieve those tracks sometime soon, would love to listen to that ill ish again.

Peace.

Astro lives about 2 miles from me, here in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Yeah, he ditched DJn to focus on serving the lord, then started working with the mentally disabled and has been doing so for 8 years. He sold his turntables, bought a guitar and started killin' it, then just stopped everything. Just ran into a couple weeks ago, after not seeing him for a few years, and he regrets selling his tables.

I use to cut with him Monday-Friday nights, from midnight till about 3am. He's had the most influence on me, as well as DeeSwift. I miss them both immensely.

I have a bunch of Astro's tracks and a couple mixes on my desktop PC, but I'm having issues getting it to reboot. Hopefully I can retrieve those tracks sometime soon, would love to listen to that ill ish again.

Peace.

cool man, i remember you too actually. that sucks to hear astro stopped scratching/djing hopefully he'll he finds his ways to some turntables and starts killing it again. if you ever get those tracks, post them up if you don't think he would mind.

Yeah man, I remember you from the TTNN days, too. Glad you returned to the decks. I took some time off as well, and now I'm back on the regular.

And yeah, hopefully Astro finds his way back, I really would love to cut with him again. I miss his tracks; crazy f'n good.

• 3 weeks later...

megacuts

hentsix

dj giant

peep show

dj astro

Siren

jeebus

fast forward

I run into Jeebus on youtube every once in a while. I talked to him on the phone when I was up Oregon one time and cut it up with Celcius and Dekoi. Those guys are killing it now. Jeebo is a family man.

I haven't heard from Megacuts since the old SES board. He was actually kind of smooth on the cut but could never recover from Roc Raida pouring power aid on him

I really wonder what's up with Hentsix (and Giant for that matter). Hentsix really had a lot of artistic talent though. He made everything he did seem really easy. I still listen to their disc every once in a while. They made some good music. He lost a girlfriend in a car accident and I never really saw him around online much after that. I'm sure he's doing some crazy shit right about now though.

megacuts

hentsix

dj giant

peep show

dj astro

Siren

jeebus

fast forward

I run into Jeebus on youtube every once in a while. I talked to him on the phone when I was up Oregon one time and cut it up with Celcius and Dekoi. Those guys are killing it now. Jeebo is a family man.

I haven't heard from Megacuts since the old SES board. He was actually kind of smooth on the cut but could never recover from Roc Raida pouring power aid on him

I really wonder what's up with Hentsix (and Giant for that matter). Hentsix really had a lot of artistic talent though. He made everything he did seem really easy. I still listen to their disc every once in a while. They made some good music. He lost a girlfriend in a car accident and I never really saw him around online much after that. I'm sure he's doing some crazy shit right about now though.

nice to know celcius is still cutting, i'd like to hear how he has progressed. yeah hensix is really talented dude his graphic design was top notch.

i remember your name too man glad to see your still around these forums too. you and jeebus were always hilarious. thanks for the update i hope these cats will pop back up around these parts some day.

megacuts

hentsix

dj giant

peep show

dj astro

Siren

jeebus

fast forward

nice to know celcius is still cutting, i'd like to hear how he has progressed. yeah hensix is really talented dude his graphic design was top notch.

i remember your name too man glad to see your still around these forums too. you and jeebus were always hilarious. thanks for the update i hope these cats will pop back up around these parts some day.

Yeah, good times.

Here's Celcius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiyMtUm4Cs4

Here's Connah Jay (who used to go by Dekoi on D's board)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9DiUZNc6eM

• Like 1

Fuck yeah, Jam Burglar is in da home. What up blud, long time no write? I see you on YouTube from time to time, should have said hello.

This is a good place with witty muthafuckers, definitely should hang around.

Connah's shown up on TinyChat a few times.

I actually cut with him and Celly in person at Celly's parent's house. It was really dope in a weird way. I was probably pushing 30 and those dudes were still in high school. I knew Sam could cut because of hearing him on D's board so I was like "fuck it." When I got there he had his folk's dining room table up on books to elevate it up. He had just gotten back from cutting with D-Styles (A-Track 2, the sequel) and had beat files from D and shit. Connah might have even been younger. They were real well grounded, laid back, easy going dudes. I chatted Jebo up on the phone but he had some lame excuse or something. Probably something like Sir Mixalot was over at his house and clogged up the toilet.

• Like 3