2015 DMC Online Battle

Acts_One

No no, I'm not entering. I'm far from good to even enter.... but. It's back. And round 1 submissions are in.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have been following it and obviously some previous champs are here on DV.

Just went through a couple of vids, is it me or is it getting worse? For some reason it feels like anyone who's picked up scratching/djing within the last year feels like they're ready for this.

I want to post examples of some cringe worthy performances but really I'm not one to talk, I can barely put together a 2min routine without a mistake.

But check out this submission, weird, but new!

*shit meant to post this in the non-member video section.... Steve???

Edited by Acts_One

Started off shit...skipped to the guitar bit...and that was shitter. How embarrassing for DMC...

I've gone through 2 pages of videos and literally 1 video got 4 stars from me. Everything else was 1-2 stars. It's sooooo bad right now.

Guest broke
Just went through a couple of vids, is it me or is it getting worse? For some reason it feels like anyone who's picked up scratching/djing within the last year feels like they're ready for this.

The overall standard might look worse to you because there a lot of entrants who are new to DJing stepping up, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I would encourage anyone who's interested in DJ battles/turntablism etc to step up and enter, no matter what their skill level. Firstly, the whole process of making a routine and rehearsing it will make your skills sharper, even if they're a little on the basic side. Secondly, just taking part and putting yourself out there in the public eye will help these DJs develop a thick skin, either that or they might just discover that it's not for them. Thirdly, some of these people will eventually quit Djing but a lot of them will continue and develop and eventually contribute to the art form. The more the merrier...

Ha! Props to that guy for tracking down that Vestax rarity (is that what it was?). I mean, he's not going to win against some of the better entries, but it's good for novelty value. If anything, it need more Keytar.

I've gone through 2 pages of videos and literally 1 video got 4 stars from me. Everything else was 1-2 stars. It's sooooo bad right now.

Yeah, but quite a few rounds were like that last year as well. Actually, I'd say there are three or four good routines in Round One, which is more that you could say for a couple of last year's rounds.

It gets worse!!!! WTF!!!

I believe he jacked this from somewhere. DMC Online = Joke

ROFL. Isn't that the same guy Steve who was hating and trolling hard last year? Or is this a new low?

When anyone enters and submits a video, they get a message saying their video is being reviewed and will go live pending approval. IMO, the biggest concern at this stage is that DMC don't seem to be checking the videos at all. Apart from SteveC's little scratch karaoke clip, there are a few videos edited with several camera angles. Did the rules change? I always thought it had to be one take, one camera angle. I think they even let that slide for a couple of people in the online finals last year.

• Like 2

Oh man, I love the online DMC - way better than any daily soap out there! :)

http://dmcdjonline.com/watch.php?t=watch&v=OQ==

Sorry you may be a sad ass dj that can't do shit but call people out. Go find someone else to fuck with. And ya I could take another beat and duplicate the same scratch patterns you fucking moron... get a life. It's called being a real dj douchebag...

The overall standard might look worse to you because there a lot of entrants who are new to DJing stepping up, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I would encourage anyone who's interested in DJ battles/turntablism etc to step up and enter, no matter what their skill level. Firstly, the whole process of making a routine and rehearsing it will make your skills sharper, even if they're a little on the basic side. Secondly, just taking part and putting yourself out there in the public eye will help these DJs develop a thick skin, either that or they might just discover that it's not for them. Thirdly, some of these people will eventually quit Djing but a lot of them will continue and develop and eventually contribute to the art form. The more the merrier...

Ha! Props to that guy for tracking down that Vestax rarity (is that what it was?). I mean, he's not going to win against some of the better entries, but it's good for novelty value. If anything, it need more Keytar.

Yeah, but quite a few rounds were like that last year as well. Actually, I'd say there are three or four good routines in Round One, which is more that you could say for a couple of last year's rounds.

It gets worse!!!! WTF!!!

I believe he jacked this from somewhere. DMC Online = Joke

ROFL. Isn't that the same guy Steve who was hating and trolling hard last year? Or is this a new low?

When anyone enters and submits a video, they get a message saying their video is being reviewed and will go live pending approval. IMO, the biggest concern at this stage is that DMC don't seem to be checking the videos at all. Apart from SteveC's little scratch karaoke clip, there are a few videos edited with several camera angles. Did the rules change? I always thought it had to be one take, one camera angle. I think they even let that slide for a couple of people in the online finals last year.

The screening of the videos should be a lot better considering it's like their 3rd(?) year now doing this comp. There's one competitor with 3 videos up for this round, all 3 are meh. I dunno anymore, I used to love DMC(online/real comp) but it's been pretty sad for the past few years. As much as I don't like RB3Style due to the over abundance of midi bashing over real turntable skills I would gladly watch that over a DMC battle.

Guest broke

The screening of the videos should be a lot better considering it's like their 3rd(?) year now doing this comp. There's one competitor with 3 videos up for this round, all 3 are meh. I dunno anymore, I used to love DMC(online/real comp) but it's been pretty sad for the past few years. As much as I don't like RB3Style due to the over abundance of midi bashing over real turntable skills I would gladly watch that over a DMC battle.

I seriously doubt anyone screens the videos

Give it another few years and the DMC finals will be a small gathering of tall thin white blokes with Klever backs who meet up in Tony Prince's shed, and the winner gets a 4 pack of Old Speckled Hen from Tony's fridge.

• Like 4

Guest rasteri

Give it another few years and the DMC finals will be a small gathering of tall thin white blokes with Klever backs who meet up in Tony Prince's shed, and the winner gets a 4 pack of Old Speckled Hen from Tony's fridge.

Sign me right up for that.

• Like 1

Since DMC doesn't really screen the entries I thought what Jimmy did was perfect. Pretty much like free advertising. I don't see what's stopping any DJ companies to have entrants use their gear along with perfectly planned video shots of their gear in action. Forget the comp. just expose the flaws in their system and get some free advertising to a bunch of DJ's.

• Like 2

Jimmys got flow but im tilting towards red mist, if a vid makes me wanna watch it over and over to clock the techniques then thats usually the one for me!! One of jons vids I seen had that same effect a while back it made me wanna study it. I rip em to mi phone watch em in asda car park,eating mi breakfast blah blah. So for me red mist!

• Like 1

Since DMC doesn't really screen the entries I thought what Jimmy did was perfect. Pretty much like free advertising. I don't see what's stopping any DJ companies to have entrants use their gear along with perfectly planned video shots of their gear in action. Forget the comp. just expose the flaws in their system and get some free advertising to a bunch of DJ's.

wurd

thanks for the love people.. i'll be trying to enter as many of these rounds as possible, unfortunately i dont have the time to do what i'd like, its still good to take part.