How to uninstall Binkiland?

djdiggla

Apparently it's got installed when I visited a site. I'm guessing this XBMC forum because that's the only common site I've visited on my work and wife's laptop (no pr0n surfing on either of those... which would probably be less embarrassingly nerdy).

So neither of the traditional install names are present and when I view programs by install date no suspect programs have been installed in months so it's leading me to think it's an browser extension. No suspect extensions listed in Chrome. I was told that Chrome runs off Explorer somehow so should I check that too?

It's not hijacking my entire browser, just opens a second window with binkiland search but still not wanting this at all so any help would be awesome.

Thanks rasteri--Got it. It had infact inserted itself as my default but no other evidence anywhere which was kinda weird. Fucking annoying. Thx again!

Here's a decent set of removal instructions: -

http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/company/blog/how-to-remove-binkiland

It'd be worth going through those steps even if it looks like it's gone, just to be sure.

Seems it's one of those shitty programs that gets bundled into installers of legitimate programs. I hate that shit!

• Like 1

Are you guys just here to promote the removal applications listed on those pages? SpyHunter etc.? I'm always suspicious when people roll up on a forum just to reply to threads like this.

Sorry if that sounds a bit unfriendly, but I'm just trying to ensure we keep spambots and spammers off the forums. If you are promoting those tools and you post to say why they're good, well, that's OK.

• Like 1