Apple Vunerable To Hack Attack

Guest Deeswift

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£

They were using trendy keyboards an shit to go with the mac so the keyboard would cost around £30 instead of those £5.99 ugly things so it matched the appearance of the mac.

:)

If you were buying a Mini Mac, you wouldn't be overly concerned about performance. It's just a small, compact computer. Nice for a home office or whatever. It's actually twice the power of the PC I'm using now and that suits me fine. I'd rather have this than a big towering box: -

4215557244488656.jpg

Guest Deeswift

£900! Jeez! I could build a proper ass kicker for that, fuck the size!

My base unit was just under £1100. I could build the same system now for way less. I mean, each to his own and all that stuff, but I know which I would rather own. A64 Clawhammer buttkicker.

Yeh size doesnt bother me, I mean if I own a tower I would just put it under a desk or something.

I would never buy a mac, your paying for design really. That said its a nice idea that you can take a base unit around with you, but then wouldnt you get a laptop?

This thing reminds me of teeny girl computer systems, its a fashion statement really, imo anyway.

:8

Guest Deeswift

I agree milk, this is the thing, you are paying for the design. It's a nice design but I couldn't sacrifice sheer power for size, whatever the computer. Computers are supposed to compute, dammit, not look pretty.

The price of the base unit is $499 which is £260. Fuck knows what keyboard and monitor they added to make it £900. :s

+ a printer, they had to add more USB ports or something as there wasnt enough, only enough for the keyboard and mouse or something, I dont really know much about computers but thats what the total price was on that TV show.

Smaller is better as far as I'm concerned. If companies weren't trying to make computers smaller we'd still be using machines that fill an entire room.

I would never buy a full sized Mac computer, but I like the design of these Mini ones.

I agree milk, this is the thing, you are paying for the design. It's a nice design but I couldn't sacrifice sheer power for size, whatever the computer. Computers are supposed to compute, dammit, not look pretty.

Computers are supposed to do what you want them to do. Mine does and it's years old so I have no need to upgrade. Buying the most powerful machine on the market is totally uneccesary for the majority of users.

Guest Deeswift

Depends on what you want it for. The reason people buy dope computers is so they have to upgrade less often, and of course to run games properly. At least, that's what they should be buying them for. I bet that thing can't really play games well.

Buying the most powerful machine on the market is totally uneccesary for the majority of users.

But it'd be useless in a few years time. An Athlon 64 will still kick much ass.

I dunno man. The actual architecture of computers changes a fair bit too. If you want PCI Express or DDR-2 then you'll need to swap your motherboard and buy new graphics and memory.

I don't have any apps that seem to test my system much. I've never uninstalled a program cos it was running too slow or didn't run at all. The only things that would put any strain on my system would be games and I don't play them. My PC is 6 years old and I can't see it becoming defunct any time soon.

i would want a pc, that performs just llike those large pc's now with their towers and everyting but that were the same size as the macs, of course that won'th appen but we can dream. Anyways back to the thread, while a majority of people really don't need athlon 64's, i don't personally dn't see wath's wrong with buy the top stuff. you get waht you pay for. When i'm older you'll bet i'm gonna spend some dough, on my car, i'll hopefully own a bmw, just because i like their reliability and styling, sure people could settle for less, but knowing that my computer can handle what ever i can throw at it gives me a sense of security, in the long run i'd rather get the top shit, so i won't have to be constantly upgrading, then settle for something of less caliber especially if something is more expensive but looks nicer, TBH though if there was a really good pc out there that , was that small i'd take it.

Both you guys are right theres no point in arguing it. Why spend money on something that performs everything 5 times faster than you need when all you use it for is email and internet. Because they can its all preference. Im more like you on somethings sigma, like cars and clothes, but like when it comes to other stuff Im more like dee and mixo. Its all preference

Guest Deeswift

Not everyone wants one. I'd rather have an iRiver, but I'm happy to have a large hard drive full of (preferably lossless quality) audio. Not too fussed about portable players, the mini headphones annoy me, they don't support the formats I use (FLAC and Musepack), and I don't mind being away from music while I'm not at home. So, if I had a portable, it'd probably be an iRiver, but I'd probably spend the money on a huge hard drive for more storage. My 160 GB is running out so I gotta grab a new drive anyway. I'm wondering what I could buy for the price of an iPoo...

A 20 GB iPoo in the UK is around £200.

£125 would buy a Western Digital Raptor 74 GB 10,000 rpm SATA drive (fastest SATA drive available), and also leave enough money to buy a Hitachi DeathStar 7K250, 250 GB SATA drive w/ 8 MB cache.

20 GB storage versus 324.

£235 would buy a Hitachi Deskstar 7K400 400GB SATA drive w/ 8MB Cache.

Now... where's my Sony Walkman (tape)...

Dee, get a Rio Karma - I've got one - supports .ogg and FLAC. 20gig one I snagged for £150.

Does gapless LAME as well!

Last time I checked iPods don't do gapless so you have to rip things as 1 file which really taxes battery life/buffering.

Guest Deeswift

That alone (not being able to do gapless mp3) is enough to put me off buying an iPod. There's no way I can tolerate gaps in mp3! Props to RIO, I didn't know it supported FLAC. That's good. If I ever buy a portable mp3 player I will consider the RIO, for sure.

I'd pick an irirver anyday over the ipod that why i said htey were nice but sitll overpriced, my friend has a black harddrive Iriver player and it's dope ayways yea we've had this convo before lol, the ipod shuffle is gay though 100 bucks for 500mb and there's no lcd so it's just on shuffle all the time, if i wanted that you can get a usb memory chip thing 1 gb is like under 90 bucks and then for another 20 you can get this special player taht plays all the mp3's on that usb chip, JUST like the shuffle except cheaper!