Apple Vunerable To Hack Attack

Guest Deeswift

gotta hand it to apple though, the iPod is the face of the mp3 player.. its what made them really popular as a consumer item.

changed the market, changed western society.

fucken cunts. they must make billions.. maybe even millions!

i want a 12" powerbook. most decent for that size. i cant find anything 12" or smaller here in aus, except for the ibook and the bloody $4000 sony vaio.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift

I don't get it. I don't hand nothing to Apple. Nothing in my life has changed since the shitty fucking iPoo was released. I couldn't care less about them.

I have an IPod within three days it started screwing up. Would only play one song, battery life is a bit weak, menu system screwed, wouldnt turn on, randomly turning off, was a bit pissed! Took it back got a new one, its good but not great.

I don't get it. I don't hand nothing to Apple. Nothing in my life has changed since the shitty fucking iPoo was released. I couldn't care less about them.

sorry dude i do media at uni, i think like a freak now.

think of the big scope in terms of its effect on western society.. the ipod was the mp3 player to make the mp3 player popular, there were mp3 players before the ipod but it never hit off till apple released the ipod.. good timing and good marketing. i dont think its that good though. but i hand it to apple in terms of them doin a good job of selling the fuck out of it. its been a status symbol for people, those trademark white headphones seem to suggest 'coolness'. fuck them though i think its gay really, people showing off their ipods wearing it on thier belts and shit.

but for real dude, apple changed the mp3 game, no doubt. thats all i was saying.

i still trust sony!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deeswift
I'm a video editor and at times I've own both a mac and a pc and here are my general observations.

I had a lot more sucess with the pc for general everyday use, video editing and the ability to easily intergrate with my company's network remotely, as well as day to day computer use. I restored an old film on the mac last year and while it drove me almost nuts to do one or two changes then wait for the [content edited]mac to render out the changes (dual 900 mhz g4 w/ 1gig ram) it really was the best choice for that particular project as final cut in general is more film oriented and has a lot of nice tools for that type of work. After I finished (8 months later) I was in the market for a new edit rig and I took a long hard look at buying a g5 64 setup and really what it came down to was the fact that all I really liked about using the mac was the software not the machine itself ( the performance kind of sucked in general and the hardware was nothing special, weak video card and slow dvd burner (the superdrive). I bought an off the shelf amd 3200+ 64 system and it never fails to impress me with it's performance and general flexibility, ( I mean it's the only computer I've ever owned where I can capture or output a project while browsing the web or writing a word doc without crashing or even dropping a frame, pretty amazing to me!) plus the fact that by not buying a tricked out g5 I had enough cash left over to also buy a cheapo amd 3000+ 64 system just for encoding and project archive purposes convinced me that the mac just doesn't deliver enough bang for the buck.

Side note: I just finished another film restoration recently and this one only took like 2 months from start to finish since the amd 64 is just so much faster to work with and later when authoring the final dvd version ( i was getting encode times around 75% of realtime). Final conclusions were that with the mac's limited software catalog and the general expense to maintain the mac there is just no way this platform is going to survive for very long unless the mac's market share expands dramatically in the near future. Maybe they should stick to selling Ipods.

SOURCE