GRAND FINAL ROUND 3 - BIOX Vs. CHMIELIX

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which DJ do you think is the winner?

• Biox
    • Chmielix

PLEASE NOTE - The poll attached to this thread is just for fun. The winner is decided solely by the judging panel in this round. Open discussion is allowed in this thread and please feel free to vote! A playlist of the videos is HERE. Both competitors can set their videos to "public" on YouTube now.

Biox: -

Vs.

Chmielix: -

Guest Symatic

ddddaaaaaaayyyyymmmmmnnnnnn!!!! sick vids guys. biox was on point as always, and i really like his flow. Chmielix did it for me this time tho, his style worked so well over this beat and theres stuff in there i cant get my head round yet.... particularly when he goes off around 3/4 of the way through. well done to both - world class, and pushing the art form furher. what a way to end an eventful scratch year.

I went for Chmielix too.

Biox was killer, but Chmielix has been the front runner in this battle for me ever since the first round. His style is just so unique and I've been wanting him to get more recognition ever since he performed at the Community Skratch BBQ last year. Like Sy says above, it's hard to fathom quite where some of the sounds he makes are coming from... both the complexity of the cuts and just the way he makes them sound.

Just like last though, this year's DV battle has been full of wins right from the start - it's easily thrown up some of the best scratch video content of the year, I've discovered loads more DJs I didn't know or didn't realise quite how good they were (including Biox!), I've see plenty of other DJs on social media interacting as a direct result of this battle, anyone following this battle is sure to have found some moments of real inspiration and it's just been great to see a battle that's not afraid to step outside established formats and not afraid to be a bit different...

All this and it's battle put on for the love it by Steve aided a few other like-minded enthusuiasts, because it's worth doing, not for profit or to sell some bullshit product.

Long may this battle continue and huge respect to Steve for the countless hours spent on putting this together - we all owe you one for this!

• Like 5