New XP themes

Mixologist

Guest Deeswift

I'm against using skinning programs that use resources, so I don't mind sticking with Black XP. I like it!

Have you tried WindowBlinds?

Guest Deeswift

The UXtheme.dll patch? That doesn't use resources, it's just patching a DLL file so you can use "unnofficial" themes. Applications such as WindowBlinds use some resources, although if you have a semi decent PC it won't be too noticable.

thats what i thought just checking because I would def recommend it have had no problems and they have some pretty decent themes.

Guest Deeswift

When I tried Style XP I used the option to "use no resources" too, but it still did. It was only a small amount but it's there (see the entry in Task Manager). The themes weren't good anyway. Black XP is better than anything I saw for Style XP. Most skins I see are a bit OTT.

Guest Deeswift

Black XP is a theme my friend Infiltrator (from the AMD board) made. It is basically the same as the regular XP theme (Luna) but black, and dope. Uses no more resources than a regular XP theme. Download it, along with a UXTheme.dll patcher, from my FTP if you want:

http://www.ninjastyle.plus.com/downloads/U...me.(nStyle).zip

@ Mixo -- have you tried Astonshell? It's a skinning application, but apparently uses less resources than Windows regular themes. Google it for more info. I have Astonshell (full version). I can hook you up if you wanna try it.

Guest Deeswift

What did you download, the UXtheme patch? A few people reported that it doesn't work, I have no idea why because it should work on any version of XP.

Guest Deeswift

No clue man. I had a PM from a guy at the AMD board the other day saying he couldn't get it to work at all, he'd been trying for days. Then he PM'd me again saying it just worked for no reason! He doesn't even know what he did, but now it's fine.

I just put the theme file in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes, and double clicked it. It worked first time for me, although I'm using an XP with a pre-patched UXTheme.dll.

try the patch again, it happened with my roomates comp, after he downloaded an update for windows it reset it, so i installed the patch again and after a couple of times of trying it worked fine.

Guest Deeswift

There you go. Maybe that's what happened with my mate who sent the PM...

Anywizzle, here's Astonshell for anyone who wants to try it. I haven't tried it yet so I dunno what it's like:

h**p://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17Q0E0H8TGRKT30SNWTNPZXF7D

Paste into browser and replace *'s with T's. You know the drill.

This ones the one im using its like a starwars kinda theme really cool theme comes with icons of diff color helmets its pretty cool also nice wallpaper. Check it out

Theme page

wont let me direct connect to the donload just download it from under the pic of the screen shot the little arrow icon

p.s. i dont use objectdock anymore uses resources and i just like using the quicklaunch with a clear screen