Vestax R.I.P.

Steve

What!!!!!!

They were always a very hit and miss company, but when they hit (rather than missed) they really got it so right. I always felt like the company wasn't really in touch with their customers though, like their successes and failures were all the result of random stabs in dark. Quality control, especially platter wobble tolerances, was a bit iffy too.

Watch C1 values rise into the stratosphere now.

He posted a file on Twitter earlier where he expressed his sadness at the closure of Vestax via some melancholy flute sample manipulation done with the platter turned off.

RUCK FACT: When I saw him DJing at The Med Bar, he dropped one of his M44-7s on the floor and couldn't see it in the dark. I told him I had a torch in the car if he wanted to borrow it, but he said "no thanks, I've already eaten".

• Like 4

Guest rasteri

06Pro still the most disappointing mixer I've ever owned.

What didn't you like about it?

(I mean, other than the lack of mids, lack of master cue, poor sound quality, shitty gains, quiet headphone amp, low build quality, awful LED meters....)

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

shit it all, I fucking love vestax. the last 3 mixers I've had have been 05 pro 1, 05 pro 2 and 05 pro 3 (which I currently own). at least there's an 05 pro 4 for me to get in a few years when i feel like upgrading (to another outdated machine... you know how I roll!)

• Like 1

I reckon pioneer's table is going to end up ruling the roost

You might be right. Has anyone here used one yet?

I touched one up in London a couple of weeks back. It's just like stanton/technics with a solid build and high power motor and the variable pitch.

#bogstandard

• Like 1

06Pro still the most disappointing mixer I've ever owned.

What didn't you like about it?

(I mean, other than the lack of mids, lack of master cue, poor sound quality, shitty gains, quiet headphone amp, low build quality, awful LED meters....)

I was trying to think of something else, but you nailed it. Like Rock Well said - Vestax seemed to always fuck something up on every mixer from my perspective. I always took this as arrogance rather than stupidity but I dunno. Perhaps credit for mass production of sharp fader curve VCA fader systems? My mixer history isn't what it was - not sure if someone else really did that before them.

• Like 1

I remember when the 07 came out and then the pdx 2000 and they were holding their own dj championships as well - they were on top of their game then. They also made the best controllers but I thought something was up when they stopped releasing new gear and just different colour versions of their controllers.

• 2 weeks later...