wireless mouse and keyboard problems..

chile

so i bought my first wireless keyboard and mouse recently as i needed less wires and more distance from the computer.. i got a logitech k250 and a kinobo silent click mouse.. the thing is both these devices seem to lag on occasion, with the mouse seeming to disconnect randomly while im using it.. it shortly connects afterwards, but its pretty annoying when im doing stuff. The keyboard also occasionally lags, with letters i typed arriving a few seconds later and sometimes missing characters.. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems like this? and is there some settings in the computer that might help to reduce or stop these problems altogether..

I take it each one uses its own wireless receiver as they're different brands? If so, try unplugging one or the other and just using either the keyboard or the mouse for a little while to see if the lag still occurs. If that is the problem, I'm not sure what you can do to solve it though.

Other wireless devices can potentially interfere with them too. You could also try using different USB ports for the receivers and see if that makes any difference.

I use a wireless keyboard (Logitech K800) and trackball (Logitech M570), but they both use Logitech's unifying receiver, so there's only 1 receiver for both devices.

• Like 1

Is anything obstructing the receiver? My Microsoft Explorer Mouse lags when that happens. It doesn't like to be more than a metre away from the receiver either. I reckon some of the receivers aren't as strong as others and can be a bit cheapo.

• Like 1