New mix upload!

I think this mix is excellent man. Top tunes, and it's really well mixed and scratched.

My only criticism would be the position of the "Akbah Attack" track. The mix into it sounds really good, then it kicks in and it's quite a high energy "EDM" (or whatever the fuck genre it is, lol) tune, but then you mix into "The Phuncky Feel One" which drops the energy right down again after just 2 or 3 minutes. It just felt a little out of place to me.

Overall though, I thought it was great! If this didn't make the cut, I'd like to hear the ones that did.

yeah I see what you mean…thanks a lot for the feedback! That track is hard to play with, as it builds up and down, and i like it so much I always just wanna get it in somewhere lol. They wanted a mix of your "top tunes to play out" so I guess looking back I didn't think too much about a flow just a way to put them all together… they don't specify what you can and can't do with the mixes, I've obviously over-dubbed the scratches after recording, maybe they expected a live mix, i'll never know!

Do like that Baku track though!

Will check this tomorrow :) I didn't get into RBMA either this year (I applied with a mix and my dmc winning set). High five!

Cheers Jon! I didn't expect make the cut personally, but I'm not sure what they're looking for then if a DMC winner doesn't make it!

Yeah, I know, I should have been by now.

Myself and Paul were even talking about it recently, but I'm so skint at the moment I'm not going on any holidays (although I am making some moves to rectify my financial failings).

In the slightly longer term, an SSS Barcelona has to happen! (Once Doob's back of course ;))

Will check this tomorrow :) I didn't get into RBMA either this year (I applied with a mix and my dmc winning set). High five!

Cheers Jon! I didn't expect make the cut personally, but I'm not sure what they're looking for then if a DMC winner doesn't make it!

While DJs have made the cut before it tends to be ones who also run labels and act as A&R a bit too, from what I can tell. It's more open to producers/artists imo. At the very least we can say we surived h that massive application form eh!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...