iMPC Pro

Let's be honest iMPC is a bit naff and iMaschine is even worse. Retronyms have been working on iMPC Pro and I have to say I'm really excited by it. They've been releasing videos each week showing off features which you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOEllAKSrSEjwsgXZX5GAhaBx1JshXW7X

It's gone to Apple for approval so should be released any day now. No word on pricing but they have said they are going to do something special for iMPC owners.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't really like slapping a screen. I wish NI would make a half "Maschine Lite" software that would run on my phone and a bit of hardware with decent pads (as in better than the iPad MPC thing) to mount the phone in to be the computer/processor and screen... or of course something similar from Akai (I reference Maschine as that's what I'm already using).

• Like 1

I'd be up for something a bit like the original MPCs but larger, heavier and more cumbersome. Then I would kill everyone with lazers.

It's unlikely to happen but everyone's got to have their dream...

As I sometimes say to my girlfriend... I'm not cross, just disappointed.

is it likely to be on iPhone too or just iPad mate? iMPC on iPhone is utter shite

Dunno, it looks like a lot to cram onto the phone screen. If I remember right the iPhone version of iMPC came out 6-12 months after the iPad version.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't really like slapping a screen. I wish NI would make a half "Maschine Lite" software that would run on my phone and a bit of hardware with decent pads (as in better than the iPad MPC thing) to mount the phone in to be the computer/processor and screen... or of course something similar from Akai (I reference Maschine as that's what I'm already using).

Don't get my wrong I love hardware but i also like the take anywhere portability of the iPad. I'd be surprised if NI weren't working on something but there has been no word of anything so for now i'll give iMPC Pro a go!

the new imaschine update looks cool, but you need ios7 which my phone wont run.... damn you apple!

Don't worry, your not missing anything.

Guest petesasqwax

see, what I don't understand is that the MPA that Su-Preme developed for Android works really quite well so why couldn't Akai (/Retronyms) work on a similar principle for the iPhone?

see, what I don't understand is that the MPA that Su-Preme developed for Android works really quite well so why couldn't Akai (/Retronyms) work on a similar principle for the iPhone?

Supreme mpa is indeed a work of genius, under the hood it works like propelerhead rebirth, the tracks are pre-rendered before playback. which is how it manages to work on shitty phones. just like how rebirth could work on shitty old computers. how they get the pads to respond so quickly beats me though. i think they might have used the native(baremetal) sdk rather than the regular android sdk.

the next version of android will support usb midi and low latency audio. i'd be a happy camper if supreme came out with a version of mpa that supports usb midi.

You know what you should do? Write a sternly worded letter to Akai and Retronyms! Be sure to use your best quill too.