Benches and storage

Like Steve suggests, I've got two 4x4 Ikea Expedits for records.

But for a bench for decks and other equipment, I prefer to build my own so I get exactly what I want (a technique that won't work with women, despite the lies sold to us by Weird Science). Just make a cuboid frame out of 2"x2", which on its own has no structural rigidity, but add ply to four of the sides and it will be strong and stay square.

I'm making my own L-shaped desk out of Expedit 4x4s, some worktop and then a tiered bit for my decks like this:

Not exactly like that but you get the idea with layering to save space. Google "IKEA DJ desk" and there's a shitload of info.

Guest petesasqwax

same - Expedits for storage and made my own bench out of kitchen worktop on various bits of wood I had kicking around from an old solid wood bunk bed. Looks pretty nice, but, more importantly, is sturdy as fuck. The frame is fixed to the wall as well as standing on the floor and then the worktop is obviously fixed to that.

Side note - the childish urge to make copycat posts on something like this is immense. "Wenches and whorage" for example