Anyone have a magic way of gettiing rid of pc noises in the speakers?

djnumnuts

Try muting any unused inputs. If he's using an analogue output to the speakers, try using a digital one if possible, or better shielded cables if he has to stick with analogue, as it's possibly related to EMI.

• Like 1

The inputs are analogue only on those.

This can be a hard thing to fix, cos sometimes it's caused by interference inside the PC case and it's only fixed by swapping out various parts until you find what's causing it.

Guest rasteri

Disable microphone boost, mute all unused input channels, make sure the volume on the computer is turned up to full and then turn down the speakers, make sure the speakers are plugged into the same power bar as the PC, try the soundcard in a different PCIE port, disable the onboard soundcard in the BIOS, put a DI box in between the computer and each speaker (the KRKs have XLR in right?)

Another thing to try is disabling power saving features of the CPU in the BIOS, although that should be done as a last resort. Start by disabling C1E and see if that alone is enough. If not, you can disable the other power saving features one at a time as a test, but if it does turn out to be a power saving feature other than C1E, disabling it will have an impact on the system in terms of power draw and heat output, as the CPU won't step down to a lower power state when required. For a desktop machine, it's not a big deal though to be honest.

I was having a similar issue with my PC when playing graphically intensive games. I would get a high pitched whine through the speakers. Even though it was only quiet, I still wanted to get rid of it.

I got one of these today: -

http://i.imgur.com/OWwgNxa.jpg

That's cured the issue for me.

Your buddy's speakers don't have an optical input, but if he's using RCA cables, tell him to try using balanced connections instead, as that can often cure the problem.

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

The X-Fi doesn't have balanced outs, using balanced cables won't make a difference unless you go through a DI first.

• Like 1

What, do you mean like the G Funk one?

It was when you did a summer mix and winter blues mix.

The X-Fi doesn't have balanced outs, using balanced cables won't make a difference unless you go through a DI first.

Hes Bought some decent cables today, see it that helps. next will be the DI boxes. thanks again guys.