Ergonomic mouse....

Does anyone here have experience with such things? It's very much looking like I have carpel tunnel syndrome, which is fuxing with my drumming big time :(

There's a few I've seen online but reviews are mixed and I don't think there is anywhere in the area where I can try such things out.

Maybe some damaged skratch headz can come to the rescue?

Cheers...

I did use to have a Logitec Marble trackball and was really comfortable with it but when I updated the computer and software it became impractical because of the scrolling options I need.... Shame because it was way more comfortable to use.

Thanks for the link though...

Before switching to a trackball, I would get pain in my wrist, right in the centre of the palm of my hand and at the base of my thumb. After a while, it was really fucking painful. Since switching, that's completely gone away.

I use a Logitech M570, which you can get for about 30 quid now (it was 60 when I bought mine). It's different to the Marble, because you roll the ball with your thumb and your fingers are still on the buttons as if you were using a mouse. As for drivers, if you use Windows 7 or 8, you're not required to install any (not sure about earlier versions of Windows). You only need to install Logitech's SetPoint software if you want to use the extra customisation options. I'm not sure if it would suit your scrolling needs, but if you tell me what they are I can tell you.

I've always wanted one but they will not hook me up at work. I bought one for home and it was super slow but it was cheap so that was probably the issue.

BTW there is a kick starter thing y'all should check out. Actually, looks like it just ended... Too late. King's Assembly had come up with a pretty neat mouse/keyboard/joystick combo.

Guest Symatic

Loads of people have these where i work, theres sone really good ones. Sone people prefer tablets like wacom so you use a pen to control eveything. I like the mice that are kind of on their side, like if you had the laser bit of the mouse on the righ side of the thing and turned it sideways.

Also keeping your weist supported makkes a big difference, you should try keeping your elbow an forearm on the table and have a wrist support line the squishy ones you get on some mouse mats

I'm not sure if it would suit your scrolling needs, but if you tell me what they are I can tell you.

Well with the mac mouse you can scroll around the screen left/right/diagonally which is pretty much essential in Pro Tools, otherwise navigating the session is a complete pain in the arse.

I used the trackball in PT 8 and it was fine but the change to 10 fucked with the functionality, although I think this was probably due to the new OS more than anything

@ Sy, even writing with a pen is pretty painful so I'm not sure the pen is the right option for me. That advice is sound though, looks like I'll be rejigging things a bit to improve my posture..