Program is "not compatible" with the version of windows you're running BS

ericuk

OK, so I went to install a VST for some fun tonight and the execution file says it's not compatible with my version of windows 7 64bit.

Now, I'm sure there's another issue going on here because I've had this problem on a few .exe files of late and I'm wondering if a load of content has become corrupted from moving across drives and stuff.

Does anyone have a magic solution?

x

Guest Symatic

might be a 32bit / 64 bit thing. the new OS will be quite different, it would be awesome if everything was backwards compatible but i don't think it is.

What's the plugin? I'm in an awkward thing where I want too use 64 bit s/w but I don't want to sacrifice some 32 bit plugins...is it something cracked or legit? I had a "trial version" of cubase 5 which wouldn't work when I had xp64 because of the dongle emulation bit

I think this problem is more sinister. I have quite a few large drives on my PC and as I've had to move things about across drives in the past, I think shit may have gone wrong.

I first noticed that my SSP.exe? looper program wouldnt work and it had that stupid compatibility issue, but it has worked on that machine before. Some of the Wav loops that dubba gave me wont open too.

The 2TB drive in question ATM has VSTs and soundbanks. Some install, some don't, but they're all quite new. I was trying to install east.west.symphonic.choirs and the damn exe wont open. 9dvd's worth of soundbanks that cant be accessed because of this problem. :(

It appears to be a common problem but it isn't the case that I'm running old software, this seems to be an OS or drive issue?