small freestyle

chile

thanks man, nah im a left hander with dominant left hand on the record. it definitely took me a long time to get decent clicking ability.. I think timing in scratching and fast transitioning between patterns comes from practicing a lot until there's no longer a heavy drain on cognitive load, so it feels managable even at something close to your speed limit.. Physical speed I think is another issue though that has a boundary point that's different between people. Personally I do feel like there's a speed cap that others have surpassed that I can't attain because of the weak hand thing (and tendinitis), but I've learned to squeeze out the appearance of more speed by changing my technique over time.. so I include certain record motions alongside my clicking to sound faster and i try to be more economical with clicking in general (instead of continual 2 click fader motions i'll stick in single clicks with my 2 clicks to create chirps which still sound fast but also act as resting points).

Pretty bonkers...the first vid looks easier than it is IMO...that tempo is like...110'ish??...some of those patterns are a lot more difficult at 110/55bpm than say an easy swing at 70/140bpm.

The technician strikes again!

Dope! :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys! real, its actually 154 bpm so those patterns arent too hard really, just a matter of keeping up with the pace.. i was trying to loosely mimic the scouse scratch vid and i think that was 160ish bpm, but lately i have difficulty at that speed so slowed it down a little. mfsop, yeah its one of my favs of late.. the toad beat is too awesome