Android, Samsung Galaxy Wizards. Backing Up Your Phone

Blak Randy

Easy Men. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which I have dropped about 9 times and I'm pretty sure it's on it's way out. Is it possible to back the whole phone up then when I get a new one just restore that so it is basically the same as this phone I have now? Like, the numbers, pictures, messages, apps, music etc. Everything.

You know how you do with an I phone?

Or, do you have to back everything up separately? Like keep your pics, music etc on your laptop then pull them back on when you get a new phone?

I have been looking online and it seems like you have to back everything up separately but wondering if any of you have any other idea?

Cheers

If you're planning on getting another Samsung phone, then the easiest way to do what you want is with their Kies software (Google for the link - it's a free download). There's a backup feature that lets you select various categories such as music, photos, messages etc., then you can back it up to your computer and restore it to another phone.

It also depends where you have stuff stored, for example, if you have a microSD card with all of your music on it, you can just take that out of the old phone and put it in the new one and there's no need to do any kind of backup/restore. Your photos might be on there too, in which case, the same thing applies.

Android itself has cloud-based backup features for some things, for example, as long as your contacts are Google contacts, they're backed up automatically and when you sign into a new phone with your account, they'll just appear on there without you having to do anything. Also, if you go into Settings and click on Backup & Reset, there's an option in there to backup app settings, your Wi-Fi password etc. to the cloud. Google basically want you to use their services, so that your photos are automatically backed up to Google+ and your music is all stored on Google Music etc.