Ghostwriters - FACT Mag Top 10

DJ Rock Well

Never knew the Diddy track - really not necessary to tell people that Pharoahe Monch wrote it. :d

I also like that Nas wrote some songs for Will Smith while people hated on Nas for not giving Cormega credit for some lyrics on Illmatic. Thus, Nas has also made the list "The 12 Least Impressive Boasts in Rap Lyrics": http://northernspyrecords.com/the-12-least-impressive-boasts-in-rap-lyrics/

“Ciga-cigar right from Cuba-Cuba, I just bite it, It’s for the look I don’t light it”

Why It’s Lame

Lame. Just so fucking lame. For one thing, this is a Cuban cigar we’re talking about. You can’t even buy those in the United States, and this guy is smuggling them in just to fucking chew on them? What an asshole. That’s like smoking a bag of Afghani Kush (that’s weed, people) without inhaling it just because you like how cool you look when people think you’re getting high. You do realize Cuban cigars don’t look any different than other cigars, right? Save the money and potential legal problems and just chew on a Macanudo or something, dummy.

Guest petesasqwax

I don't have any issue with it as long as people don't try to act like it didn't happen. Grand Puba used to "help" write Pete Rock's verses - no problem with that, Grand Puba has always been the shit. The only issue I have is that Pete Rock and Puba never made a proper album together

Guest petesasqwax

The thing I would say is that most ghostwriters are shit at it. I don't mean they don't write great verses - au contraire, they often do - but they don't write in the style of the person they're writing for, in general. most examples, like the article says about Monch, are so transparently clear that they've been written by the person in question because their flow is so obvious

• 8 months later...

I've had a hard time finding this article as I thought that I knew it from one of you guys, so let's make sure I don't have to search for Will Smith lyrics in the future.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18997_the-5-most-implausible-old-school-rap-songs.html

The 5 most implausible old school rap songs featuring the Fresh Prince, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Tone Loc and Eazy-E.

Guest petesasqwax

Run-DMC wrote "Paul Rivere"? And they got paid for that??

I love that Eazy-E made the top 5. one of the first albums I had was Eazy-E 'Eazy Duz It' and the first rap I knew all the words to was "Still Talkin'"

I was 11. Played it non-stop on my walkman and walked around the school playground quoting:

Easily I approach
The microphone because I ain't no joke
Tell your momma to get off of my tip
I have no time to give her my dick
I'm gonna hold it, and walk around the stage and
If you fuck up I'm goin' to get my gauge and
Unload the barrel and laugh
Cause I'm puttin' lead in your mothafuckin' ass

• 4 months later...