WordPress users, I need your help (image related issue)

Steve

If I post a link to an article on my blog to Facebook, it doesn't show an image next to the post.

For example, if I post this link: -

http://www.sigmamixes.com/2014/01/18/filthy-mitts-operatin-turntables/

I just get this: -

http://i.imgur.com/RlkL5ZM.jpg

The same thing happens if I use the share option at the bottom of the post.

I've set a featured image for the post, which is a 500 x 500 pixel JPEG.

Any idea why it's not working?

I was gonna suggest the featured image thing but you've already tried that. It might be to do with the theme you have set for your wordpress as some of them don't work with featured images since many are third party creations. maybe search the name of your theme to see if featured image works it

ah apparently you can insert the image into the post and it should display where you'd expect the featured image to display. I just realized that's how i set mine up too on my site.. i have the image in the actual post and featured image isnt set to anything. goes into it here -

"simply insert the image into your post."

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-there-a-featured-image-bug-in-twenty-eleven

is a bit of a round about way of doing it and not ideal but otherwise it seems that it might effect your header image

Hmmm, I can't really include the image in the post as it'll look weird. The posts always take this format: -

Description

Embedded player (which already shows the artwork at 425 x 425)

Track listing if one is available

If I try a different skin to test it, I can just switch back to Twenty Eleven and it'll all be exactly the same as it was before, right?

from what i remember yeah itll revert back when you switch back to twenty eleven.. i use headway themes with wordpress so im not 100% sure since i havent changed themes since i got that, but im fairly certain it works that way

• 7 months later...

Still having this issue, Steve? I believe it's with the theme, as my theme did the same thing awhile back too, but then we updated the code and now it works. It's important to note though, we bypass the Featured Image and instead use our own code, along with the main post images.

Good luck man.