SD write protected - halp

doppelkorn

I'm helping my dad out with his luddite data transfer solutions and I've come a cropper.

He wants to take a (mainly empty) SD card from his partner's camera and transfer photos from his Sony Memory Stick onto it, so they can transfer the pictures off the SD card onto an iPad. Don't try and tell me there are easier ways. I know there are but he's steadfastly refusing to do it any other way.

So I took all the pics off his Sony MS (size about 800MB) and put them in a folder on my desktop.

Then we cleared enough space on the SD card but when we try and copy things over onto the SD card from my desktop using a card reader it claims it's write protected. I've tried the lock switch in all kinds of positions and it's always write protected. I read online to try a piece of tape over the whole switch mechanism but that didn't work.

We can put the empty SD card back into the camera and take pictures onto it so the camera can write to it.

I am stumped.

Why not upload them to wetransfer or something like that, then just download them onto his ipad ?

Don't try and tell me there are easier ways. I know there are but he's steadfastly refusing to do it any other way.

Send my love to Lauren for wanting to marry a Loon Like You.

Thanks - I will!

I'm gunna try this when I can muster the courage. I'm scared of getting a bollocking for buggering a card.

Every time I come home I end up as tech support. I spent the afternoon at my sister's whose Smart TV was "broken". After a full software update it turned out the aerial cable had been knocked out a little bit by the cat.