Something of interest for Z2/DJ-Tech mixer owners

Steve

I had one of the earliest Z2s and never had any problems with the earliest mini Inno it came with. Although Innofader did update them and claim something needed fixing, it seemed to be luck of the draw and more of a quality control issue. My og one had just under 2mm lag and worked perfectly. They sent me the new and improved version when they came out - it's lag was closer to 1mm and a fraction better, but it came with the upgrades style tensioner spring in it and and required the odd recalibration... Eventually I just went back to my original one, it was good enough for me and I have no interest in recalibrating faders.

For me, the setting up and calibration (often recalibration) of all Innofaders is a big negative. I have no great technical knowledge of its inner workings or why it has to work this way, but as a consumer I don't really want to go beyond turning a dial or wheel to set the cut in point where I want it and never touching anything again bar a quick lube of the rails once a year or so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My fader is now not working 100% do I approach audio innovate or native instruments? Only had z2 a couple of months and it's bleeding sound through when using vinyl not the time code. Turning off and on again did fix. Did not recalibrate as PC wasn't even on. To find out the version you can right click on the NI icon when in Traktor and it brings up the about information. Not sure what mine is till I get home and check. Will let you all know of my progress on this.

Result, I messaged back and advised that I was aware that the crossfader has a known fault and didnt see the point in returning the mixer, so they are sending out a new crossfader. How will I know the replacement crossfader is the newer version any ideas?

• 2 months later...

if I had known of all the issues that arise from the Z2, i would have never bought one.... would have just instead gotten something that was tried and tested like a 56/57 or a hak 360 and some dicers. I returned my z2 to the shop while the warranty was still valid and requested a new mixer because my z2 started having a looooot of issues: fader bleed, random switching between hamster/regular, volume level indicator on 1 channel used to disappear, rel/int buttons used to get stuck. If the new one gets any issues with fader lag or anything else I'll request my money back. Although I guess you get what you pay for.... a mixer with a built in audio interface, midi, innofaders, traktor software and all for just 700 euros sounds like a bargain until all the issues start coming up.

Anyway, does anyone know if removing those plastic tension things from the upfaders voids the warranty? i know it requires soldering so I thinks yes?

• 2 weeks later...