Fackin' Cants! Gear rant now.

ericuk

I brought a stand for my mobile gear a while ago now and it is quite cool because it has the lighting bar across the top. I got it a bit cheaper than sale price but had to make my own shelve to put stuff on as the stand was only a metal frame.

More recently I've hand made a Facade that cost about £80 in materials and lots of learning and labor, which is cool I guess. To buy a facade would cost double that.

So, I've spent about £160 and got a pretty good set up. The facade is a bit delicate for transport, so will probably get mash up at some point, but It looks very good.

I go on to whybuynew today and they've got a stand like mine with the table to go with it, the facade with removable screens (which I don't have) and 2 extra lighting stands with bags for £175.

Fucking ball bags is what I say.

Yeah but "I made the facade myself" will yield a longer conversation than "I bought it off WhyBuyNew".

Unless you hate talking to people, in which case, you failed.

Plus the knowledge you've gained. You can't put a price on learning, my friend, blah blah. :d

Probably best to focus on the bright side of this one!