my first tape deck cuts....

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

well yeah the whole thing relies on tension of the tape so it sits nicely over the tape head. when you scratch you flip in to pause mode so the tape relaxes a bit and you have to pull it a bit.

kutmandoo's gonna give me some pointers now i have it working..... but hes got 11 years in the game!

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Good effort, already better than Matt on a turntable

HARSH! You're a regular daddy cruel.

Nice though, Sy, keep it up and stop scratch on tt's so we can get better than you.

Edit: i was writing that when you posted the same thing. <Synchronicity>

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

It's relentless! I can give you the number of an abuse survivor's hostel, Matt, you can escape this cycle of abuse.

Lulz, i want to keep ramping this up 'til it's at full beef status, to the extent that next time we're in Rye the studio has been divided in two, down the middle, like the old sit-com trope. The end only being the terrible events that lead to a brutal massacre at SSS 20 that decimates the south east scratch dj community (though no one in real life notices, cos, you know, it's scratching).

Guest Symatic

So it records as well?! Well fuck me. For some reason I thought they only played. Why did I think that?

yep this one can record too. its weird normally they have a separate recording head, but this one you push a switch and it shifts something to make it record via the same head it plays from.

the beginning of the video, with the blue knightrider lights, is me recording sounds onto the tape.

It's relentless! I can give you the number of an abuse survivor's hostel, Matt, you can escape this cycle of abuse.

Don't worry mate, I'm strong, I can handle it.

I just can't believe he'd be so mean this close to Christmas, this is meant to be a time of giving and he's taking (something he's had a lot of practice at!).

Joking aside, that's a really good first vid Sy. At the same time, it's furthered my respect for Cut Man Doo - I never really realised quite how busy he has to get to do what he does.

So it records as well?! Well fuck me. For some reason I thought they only played. Why did I think that?

yep this one can record too. its weird normally they have a separate recording head, but this one you push a switch and it shifts something to make it record via the same head it plays from.

the beginning of the video, with the blue knightrider lights, is me recording sounds onto the tape.

So... could you get a Madonna Mic (I doubt she invented them but everyone knows what I mean), record some rhymes and then cut them immediately?

The idea being that you record yourself spitting on beats one and two, then quickly rewind and cut over the third and fourth beat?.

Guest Symatic

yep it's got a 5 pin DIN input and DIN output. theyre wired in a kinda weird way i think. theres supposed to be some sort of standard DIN wiring i think but these are weird, I had to go by the schematic which was online. so yeah you can just record in, rewind and playback.