cool edit pro 1.5

chile

does anyone have a copy of it? I heard its up on the net for free now, but when i looked for a download I ended up installing a mysearchdial toolbar malware thing on me computer, which took me an hour to delete..

Are you sure it was Cool Edit you wanted and not Adobe Audition? Cool Edit 1.5 came out nearly 20 years ago.

Adobe did make Audition 3.0 available to download along with providing a license key to register it, but it was only meant for people who had already bought the software. They turned the license servers off for some old programs, so this gave people who had already bought it a way to reinstall it if necessary, although it obviously allowed people to pirate the software too.

I think the link is still up, but you need to log in with an Adobe ID: -

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?pid=4485850&e=cs2%5Fdownloads

If it really is that old as feck version of Cool Edit you want, then you can get it from oldapps.com.

yeah im looking for 1.5 as its what the geezer used for mastering me EP and id like to try copy some of the processes he went through to experiment with things. I also started off on cool edit 1.5 so its fairly familiar to me already. Audition 3.0 sounds good though too, basically im just after one of the versions before adobe screwed the program up by trying to become ableton, lol.

nice one ill have a look on oldapps first, thanks