Does anyone here fully understand this YouTube/Google+ shit?

Steve

I've had all kinds of problems with linking YouTube accounts to Google+, including videos disappearing, my channel disappearing, my avatar disappearing, and duplicate user names appearing in "Switch Accounts". I got around this by just unlinking my YouTube accounts from Google+ and things went back to normal.

Now that Google are basically forcing Google+ upon people, I tried to re-link my accounts. I have 2 YouTube accounts. The one I use for DJ stuff works fine and is linked to a Google+ page that's the same name as the YouTube account. My other account is under my real name. I linked it to a Google+ page that's also under my real name and everything was OK for a few days, but now, every time I log into YouTube a pop-up appears that says "Use YouTube as" and it only gives me one option - my real name. I don't know why this box appears, nor do I know how to get rid of it. Does anyone here know?

I unlinked the YouTube account from Google+ and completely deleted the Google+ profile, so I was back to a standard YouTube account (minus the ability to comment), but I STILL get that fucking pop-up saying "Use YouTube as" every time I log in. I don't understand how this stuff works. It's a stand-alone YouTube account with 1 channel that's not linked to any other accounts. What's the purpose of the pop-up, given that it only presents me with one option anyway, and how do I get rid of it?

Guest Symatic

all i know is that i keep having to click OK on the little dialog that pops up saying the comments are now NEW.

oh and that my channel looks shit cos theyve changed how the backgrounds and stuff works so i'll have to re do all the photo's and customisations, and choose new front page vids and so on. cant be arsed to do any of this. youtube seems to change every few weeks so why bother?

Here's something else I don't like about it: -

I have 3 Google accounts. 1 under my real name, 1 under my DJ name and 1 for university. I can switch between them by hitting "Switch Accounts" and on the surface it seems to work great.

However, let's say I log into my DJ name account and I go to SoundCloud and log in there too. I select one of my sounds and choose to share it to Google+. The only option that appears is sharing it to the Google+ account under my real name, even though I'm not even logged into it. To share the sound to my DJ Google+ page, I have to sign out of all 3 Google accounts, then sign back in just with my DJ account and no others.

• 2 weeks later...

That's fucked. Went thru that shit myself for months. I just fucken created a new account login name Nd migrated the YouTube shit on over. They'll send a temp email and you'll move things over. It was pain in the ass and don't ask , I don't remeberr how to do it again