Rane TTM56 question

Steve

Someone on DJ Forums PMed me with this, but having not owned a 56 I don't know how best to answer: -

I recently ordered a Rane ttm 56 on ebay. Turns out, the seller claims the magnetic fader on the Rane is bleeding, but I know it is not possible. I read that the sensors would have to be adjusted to fix that problem.

With that being said, the seller stated that he "tried adjusting the spring but didn't want to break it" so he replaced the stock fader with an innofader. I then asked if it still bleeds. I have not gotten a reply.

I am thinking I could send the ttm 56 over to Rane to have them look at it but I don't know how much damage the seller has caused.

Does the Rane have springs in them?

The seller did state that everything was in working order and worked like new, which it apparently did not. I suppose I am covered by ebay buyers protection policy.

It is possible for the fader to bleed it happens on mine although not in the way it would on a regular VCA fader or similar. Mine was also bought second hand on fleebay and I assume the previous owner had adjusted the magnet sensors at the ends of the fader to tighten cut in as they were tilted quite far back towards the end blocks. After pushing them back vertical I still had the problem. But don't worry as the line faders are identical so just remove the faceplate and swap the xfade with a line fader. It worked for me. Edit. Just read the seller has installed innofader, perhaps ask him to send original rane fader also. And yes the Rane fader does have a spring inside but has nothing to do with cut in. It provides tension to the fader by rubbing along the guide rail parallel to the fader stem rail, some people pop the spring off the rail so it's no longer touching to loosen up the fader but I found it too loose (looser than a focus fader) ok for scratching but was bouncing off the ends when beat juggling.

• Like 2

Yeah, pretty much what ethanol said... but I've got to add that sometime on old ones the calibration changes a bit and you may actually need to bend the magnet sensors in quite severely, way past their original upright position, just to get a normal sharp cut.

Also like ethanol said the spring is for feel and tension, the only way it could affect cut-in is if it was so tight it was catching and visibly pulling the fader open

• Like 1

You can bend the end sensors back inward if they were bent outward to reduce cut in lag time. I've owned 2 generations of ttm56; one will have plastic behind the sensor so it can't be bent outward while the other sensors are not block from behind so sensors can be pushed out. So which ever side of the fader's señor inward carefully