so i noticed earlier that my HDD isnt recognised...

chile

is a WD10EZEX 1tb drive. I tried to go into device manager and manually update the driver but it doesnt find anything..

heres a pic of what happens .. as you can see its not picking up a few other drivers either.

I updated the chipset just now and before i had updated it, the list of unrecognised devices was much larger so it seems to have fixed a fair number of things, but not the HDD.

I registered to the WD site so i could register the WD drive and request support as i found a thread mentioning that some motherboards dont recognise the drive ( http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/28551-hdd-drivers-needed-oem-hdd-wd10ezex.html ) .. in that thread it mentioned to get a utility called WDspeed which is only available on request.. havnt found it anywhere on google search. I changed the jumper settings to 5/6 and swapped the 6gb cable for 3gb but im stuck waiting now for them to get back with a link to the utility..

has anyone else had this problem with WD drives?

ive located one of the drivers (marvell 91xx.. etc)

am going through ASUS' website drivers for my mobo so hopefully will get rid of a few more things on the list and theres a section for SATA device drivers so hopefully thatll sort the hard drive out

EDIT: ive downloaded all the drivers for the things that had caution signs on em and have tried various configs with the HDD but nothing has worked so i guess i just gotta wait till they get back to me about it..

this is what it looks like in the IRSTe software -