Alright darling. How much do you charge?

ericuk

What sort of DJing are you doing? Mobile DJing with your own speakers etc.? Or regular bar/club DJing using their gear?

Mobile with what I would describe as pretty good gear, although I know some people go crazy with that shit. I would do birthdays and stuff but I'd feel a bit cheeky doing a wedding as I dont have all the uplighting and stuff yet.

I'm doing a wedding in 2 hours and I'm charging not e-fucking-nough. Had to schlep to somewhere in Croydon even though it's not in fucking Croydon to get some lights. PM me.

sorry dude, only just got back to the forum now! how is/was the wedding?

for what it's worth, my wedding rates are $100/first hour, $75 each subsequent hour, including travel time. Plus expenses (gas, any rentals, lodging/food if applicable). I don't have lights and, indeed, I'm not a "wedding dj" in the usual sense (i.e. no requests pretty much), and I explain all that carefully to the client, and lose about half my gig offers because of it

Last wedding i charged £250 for 2 and a half hours, they supplied the soundsystem,

They gave me a playlist and i played along the lines of it, Luckily they wanted 90's hip hop and drum n bass.

Im doing a surprise 50th next week for some people i know, so i've charged them £150 for 3 and a half hours, they just want 80's soul.