Serato post fader / THRU mode effects?

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

I've wanted to do this since getting serato but can't figure it out.

fist thing I want to do is get post fader effects working on serato. I have a mixer with an effects loop, and an SL3 which has aux in and out.

someone posted this method to rout your fx loop through the aux to get post fader fx, but it doesnt work for me yet. dunno if i missed something setting it up or if my computer can't handle it.

either way it only applies to audio playing in serato i think.

the other thing that bugs me is that I can't apply fx to THRU mode. I can't figure why this doesn't work. Ableton can apply fx to live inputs so why can't serato? dunno

any ideas?

Guest Symatic

yeah 62 it just works. the mixer has built in fx i think theyre separate to the serato internal fx.

im starting to think it's all just a clever plan to make me buy a 62.....

Guest Symatic

yeah 62 it just works. the mixer has built in fx i think theyre separate to the serato internal fx.

hmm, if I recall I can use Serato software effects on vinyl

well recall away then muthafuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

• 5 months later...
Guest Symatic

I just gave this another go and got it working.... but its shit. loads of latency.

heres a copy of the dudes info tho:

quote from 'Frozen' on the serato forum:

"The things you will need to achieve this are:
A Rane SL-3 Or SL-4 Box. An SL-2 Will not work, nor will an SL-1.

A mixer with an effects routing option.

This is not a perfect method at all, and unfortunately the latency within this loop causes a constant repeater effect to be heard, if this is not used sparingly.

The method:
Assuming you have a simple two turntable setup. Plug the effects routing OUTPUT (EEF in my case) to the auxiliary INPUT on the SL-3. Plug the auxiliary OUTPUT on the SL-3 into the MIX input on the mixer (Effects return).

In serato, enable auxiliary deck. Enable internal playing, start playback, load LiveFeed to this aux track.

Configure your effects to run on this deck only, leave your effects toggled on constantly.

Now when you toggle your external effects routing on your mixer, the signal will be sent into serato, manipulated on the AUX channel, and then sent out back into the mix POSTFADER.

Only used it for echo-outs so far. Works a treat for that though.

I've tried to explain as best as I can, and it's definitely been done before but I couldn't find a post about it, other than serato.com where the idea was submitted as a potential feature, rather than an existing possibility.

If anyone has any idea how to improve upon this please comment. Latency is the biggest issue that I'm facing."