Restoring Firefox tabs from sessionstore.js & .bak

savwar

I am a big fan of the grouped tabs feature on Firefox, but it means i always end up with a million unbookmarked tabs open, but nicely in groups for each bit of work, study or whatever interest it is...

I know i'm a dick for not having a session manager add on..... but anyway

it's happened to me a few times recently with it doesn't shut down properly and i lose everything.

Once or twice i was able to use that Recuva program to get the perviously deleted versions of sessionstore.js .bak and maybe even sessionstore-1... replace them instead of the copied over version(which only has the one start page tab) in the AppData Mozilla folder.

and i was able to get everything back...

although this time its just not working for me. no matter if i delete the new .bak and paste the .js i want in.. i still just get a startpage tab and nothing else...

i still have the two recovered files... (well theyre from a few days before the crash, but it has most of the shit i need....)

Does anyone have another solution?

Is there a program where i can just open the files and find the web addresses even?

Cheers

like i can look at the history, but its needle in the haystack shit...

i kinda want to figure out how to do it?

i was hoping i could find a way to open it in a text file even and trawl through it...

nothing lifethreatningly important in it, but just its mildly annoying... although cleansing at the same time...