Guest set I did on the Funhouse last month

Jon

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/29931888

I did this last month with Chris P Cuts, but don't think I posted it up. I play quite a bit of hip hop on this, so some of you might like this? Maybe? :p

My set starts around 35 mins in. Chris kindly refers to me as a 'DMC champion' but obviously this was accidental as it's not true, and I didn't notice at the time because I was cueing up my next record.

Any feedback welcome as always :)

Guest petesasqwax

I'm liking the one-deck mixing strategy. I need to look into doing that myself. Propers Jon, I shall check out this badboy this eve

I've been mixing this way since 2007 sir

I only use two decks when I juggle, which is pretty much only in my DMC sets.

Same here. Shortly after getting Serato I switched to a single deck unless using vinyl. Just that much less to carry.

i started using one deck to mix after seeing Jon do it in Dalston. i like it, but more recently im lusting for 2 decks again as im wanting to get away from having serato/computer in a dj set up. The last (read only) time i played out this year i just took cds, much preferred it. altho if i knew usb's were gonna be an option i would've just taken 2 of those instead.

mixing is spot on in this jon, and you're playing music i associate with you. if im gonna be super critical tho i'd say you look at your screen too much and sometimes it looks like you barely use your headphones. but i say the same thing about nearly everyone who plays out with a DVS/laptop or esp controller djs.

Cheers for checking it Jim.

Agreed, I'm very guilty of having serato face. I try to use both but prefer using the screen if I know the mix will work as it saves my ears listening to loud headphones :) if I'm mixing unprepared ill use headphones more :)

• Like 1

Very nice so far man!

EDIT: Do you happen to have an audio file of your set? Would love to bang it in my g-ride (I don't really have a g-ride :( )

Very nice so far man!

EDIT: Do you happen to have an audio file of your set? Would love to bang it in my g-ride (I don't really have a g-ride :( )

I don't unfortunately, but I could try to rip the audio from the video? For some reason ustream doesn't work from my house, but I'll try and rip the audio when I have a good connection to the site :)

• Like 1