Traktor A6 question...kind of

ericuk

I'm just gonna come straight out with the question, I have a theoretical solution but I'd rather know what works.

How can I set my a6 up with my deck and mixer so that DVS will work on line input and phono (the normal deck with superseal 4) works at the flick of a switch?

I'm thinking a splitter from the deck going to the trakor a6 box and the other split signal to phono input, but was unsure if this would weaken Traktor's input signal?

Hope I've asked the right question in the right way!

PS thru on traktor channel will not work at the mixer end as the thru signal isn't preamped as it would be in phono.

i'm having a break from life today.

i have my dvs set up with y-cables that i made myself. it works perfectly, no noticable signal loss. i switch from dvs to vinyl with the line/phono switch. no problems! the only drawback is that you can't transform wit the line/phono switch when youre scratching with the dvs

if you can't be bothered to make your own y-cables you could just use phono y-adapters though.

i use xwax though not traktor. so your results may vary.

acording to this page you should be able to use thru mode though.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-audio-interfaces/traktor-audio-6/overview/details-setup-examples/

Edited by motosega

moto you are the man of the hour.

it seems that phono/through may work while connected to line input of mixer if connected to a power supply. awesome if it does as I wont always have traktor open and the box connected to a pc/laptop.

:-) will give that a try