traktor.. how do you make an unskippable sample?

djzee

basically ive got a scratch sample, put it on to the tracktor deck, but when i scratch and the needle jumps a groove it jumps to silence.

i need to make it so if it jumps it lands in the same place on the sample making it unskippable.

ive done it before, but cant for the life of me remember how or where the option to do this is!

simple stuff im sure but searched google for an answer with no luck, maby someone here with traktor knowledge could point me in the right direction?

ah, i think what it is.. or seems to be..

if the needle is at the very start of the record and you load a sample and play it, it auto puts it in absolute mode (skipable)

where as if the needle is say in the middle of the record, it auto puts it into relative mode (unskippable)

i think?!?

i cant find an actual button or option to switch between the two

relative mode means the only direction and speed is used, absolute means that the position is read too.

if you make a loop at 133.33bpm then it become skipless because the sample is repeating exactly one every revolution of the record,

i don't have traktor but these are true for all DVS system.

"if the needle is at the very start of the record and you load a sample and play it, it auto puts it in absolute mode (skipable)"

"Switch To Absolute Mode In Lead-In" This is the option that is currently activated in your settings, locate the timecode tab inside preference's to turn this option on/off.

"where as if the needle is say in the middle of the record, it auto puts it into relative mode (unskippable)"

As Motosega explains, absolute means position is read. The extra wide visible gaps between the grooves on DVS records are minute markers, so if you plonk a needle down beyond the 6th minute position and the song loaded in Traktor is only 4minutes long, then relative mode is the only option Traktor has.